Things have gotten busy for me ever since i received my O level results,
which is quite okay lah actually.
I'm not telling for a reason (:
Anyways two days after I received my results,
I packed up my bags and left for DPA Orientation Camp 2012.
And I must say, it was DEFINITELY awkward for the first few hours.
Here's how it started.
Day 1:
- MORNING -
Registration was REALLY awkward for me.
I sat alone, wondering what to do as the chattering noises filled up behind me and in
the middle of the Music Box @Blk 73.
And it actually continued for over an hour plus whereby an opening talk proceeded after that.
In the meantime, I was kinda texting Jv and Vera about how super-nervous I was because I was USUALLY uncomfortable in these sorta environments >
We went to the Attic after that, a big air-conditioned enclosed space on the 8th floor of the FMS school where we were assigned into groups.
There I met ONEFB, my group (name created by us) which I felt was a lil quiet at first except for the
enthusiastic people like Fir, etc.
Hees in case you ppl are wondering what ONEFB stands for,
It is actually:
O.ptimistic
N.on-plastic
E.nthusiastic
F.antastic
B.ombastic ,
In other words,
ONE.FAMILY.BONDED. <- Yeah the real name behind it was formed after a day LOL.
Although we were all shy at first, we bonded REALLY FAST in the events to come.
Oh and btw there were other groups as well who had very epic names like
TROLLED, HOSEHBO, HIGH FIVE, SUPREME ECHO, DIVERSEXY, SEVEN UP, APPLEPIE!
Did I miss any group name out? I felt like i did LOL so tell me if i missed any out okay :D
- AFTERNOON -
After lunch, we had the luxury of taking up a sports module (or rather, it's compulsory :P) before all the other students.
The good thing is, our lessons are sped up, meaning it was twice a week but had a shorter total duration.
There were only 3 sports to choose from, and those were the most popular sports modules :
- Hip Hop
- Yoga
- Dancesport
Actually I was deciding on Yoga as well, buttttt...I went for the one that I always wanted to try.
Kinda like I feel like I belonged in there lah. Although yoga's good for my curved back :/
Hopefully Hiphop does a *miracle* to my back as well! >.
The dance instructors were really good and funny when we met them,
So im looking forward to my sports module tomorrow! C:
After that, we played some rope + ice breaking games where our group kinda failed a little.
Sad lah, but at night we bonded :D
Sad lah, but at night we bonded :D
IN this camp, I learn there were 2 NPCC mates with me in my group!
One from area 13, and another is 17 i think.
They're Zack and Shibin if im not wrong lah.
I know Zack's definitely from NPCC but Shi Bin i forgot LOLOL.
Soon, we took a look at the marvellous The Loft@94,
Which is whoah, really chalet like lorhs.
Although no luxuries kinda thingy,
but it should be considered a luxury for me to be sleeping on A BED in a CAMP.
Afterall, the past 11 camps that I've gone through I was either sleeping on a poncho, not sleeping at all or sleeping in a soaked wet tent LOL.
Curious as to how it looks like?
Here it goes ~ :
Here it goes ~ :
NICE RIGHT THE LIVING ROOM? :D
My bottle's proof that I've BEEN HERE. :D
Toilet's sweeeeeeeeet :D
Yeah that's my bed and my stuff all over there.
- DINNER -
Well after we checked in,
We went for our dinner (if i recall correctly).
Let's see....what did we eat? Ah yes i remember now.
We were given a specific amount of money and ate at Makan Place,
where I sat with Rebecca, i forgot who was sitting beside her, Travin and Zack.
Yes, Zack was the loner guy there LOL.
BUT, it was during dinner that we heard his life story, which inspired him to take on Psychology.
Which I must say is quite a very touching story actually.
BUT his story had caused him to be his age now lah ehhehehehes older than all of us :P
Now for the fun part!
We played this little game whereby we had to tap numbers in sequence from 1-30 within 1 min
WITHOUT any communication at all.
WITHOUT any communication at all.
It was really difficult at first, but then my group realised that the cards were not enough, meaning not all 30 cards were there on the ground.
Kinda of a cheater right? And so, we strategised and decided that some of us would take 2 cards and other who didnt need to tap just stayed. And I happened to be the last one who tapped 29 since number
13, 21, 28,30, + a few others were missing.
Yeap that's me I wondered why this photographer even took my back LOL but its okayy :D
In the end, we were all getting ready outside the Attic like we were preparing for a marathon liddat.
WE LITERALLY LINED UP AND CHIONG-ED INSIDE WHEN WE HAD THE CHANCE TO LOL.
And our efforts paid off, because eventually we completed this event FIRST.
YEAHHHH \m/ :D
Alright this was the like, last activity for the night, and then we had some small talk between our groups and then headed back to The Loft@94 for bedtime :D
No wait, we had supper before bedtime so I kinda had mac before I slept.
And yeah I couldn't really sleep on the first night as usual even though the bed was really comfortable >
THAT'S ALL FOR DAY 1. AND BTW I ENDED UP BEING IN THE SAME APARTMENT AS MY PRI SCHOOLMATE LOL. :D







Post a Comment