Hi so I just had to get this over and done with because otherwise I wouldn't have ended the story. I apologise if the ending or the story is so abrupt because it's well, I kinda lost the touch of the story :( I hope it's okay though! ;))
Merry Go Round
7 July, 2007, 11.11 am. - Hidden Intentions
"Hey Evan, how do you think we'll look like when we grow up?" asked Shena
as she played with a curl at the side of Evan's face. The two were entwined together in bed,
with Shena looking up at him from her small petite frame. Their legs were wrapped around each other, with each hooked perfectly around the other's mid thighs. Deciding that they were both too lazy to go on a date, they agreed to spend the Sunday together at Shena's place.
Evan looked at Shena quizzically.
"Now why would you ask such a question? You never ask me such questions. "
He pulled at the ends of her brown hair, not forgetting to twine his fingers in it. He could smell the fresh scent of strawberry surrounding her evenly layered hair. Using his left hand, Evan let his fingers glide against the smoothness of her cheek, feeling the softness under it.
"Nah, it was just a curious thought. I mean, wouldn't everyone be curious as to how they'd look and act in the future?" Shena smiled and finally tugged the loose curl behind her boyfriend's ears.
"Hmmm, well, i can't exactly picture it at the moment as it is.
You know my preferences of living in the present and ONLY the present.
Alright that's it for curious questions for today let's just lay around for a while okay Shere?"
With that, Evan pulled Shena even closer, to the point that they were face to face now.
He tilted her chin, and was about to lean down to kiss her when - his cellphone rang.
Swiftly he took it out of the pockets of his jeans and flipped it open. Shena stared at him as he looked out into the distance. She could've sworn that he had a panicked expression just moments before his sudden composure, as if he didn't want her to know what he was up to. Or who he was conversing with over the phone.
Of course by then, she'd already predicted that he was going to cheat on her someday. It happened so fast that there wasn't any time for her to comprehend. She'd have to act soon to prevent her heart from breaking--
"Hey baby, i've got to go. I'm meeting Alec to discuss on our projects. He said it was important and that i absolutely must be present." He flipped his cellphone closed and looked at Shena who was frowning.
"What project is it?"
"Well of course my course project! We have to make a film -- no wait, don't you trust me Shen?"
Evan peered into her eyes, trying to detect any trace of suspicion in her.
No way, you are not going to read my mind today, she thought. She looked down, but not before composing her expression and directing her attention back to him.
Evan was surprisingly adept at predicting what Shen was thinking and feeling. He had been for years, since the very first time they met on the first day in school back in 5th Grade.
"Yes I do trust you, it's just that, sometimes a girl would feel insecure at times wouldn't she?
Never mind, I guess you'd better go. Have fun my boy. "
With a sigh she let him go, pulling herself out of his arms and watched as he kissed her forehead. With an A&F shirt pulled over and the hurried spray of cologne on the underarms, Evan grabbed his bag and headed out. But not before giving Shen a goodbye kiss on the forehead, which she responded by smiling.
Once he was out of sight completely, with the door closed, she dropped her feigned expression.
She sat up, face devoid of emotions nor happiness.
Her hands slid into the pocket of her high-waist jeans and took out the black cellphone.
Punching in some numbers, she held the phone to her ear, staring past the window as she waited.
"Yes my lady?"
"Alec, trace Evan's whereabouts for me."
______________________________________________________________________
7 July 2007, 12.46 pm. - Imminent Trouble
The pair walked along the path of the garden that led up to a clear lake. The water reflected the wrath of the weather which was imminent. The sky was dark, with its grey clouds spread out unevenly like blobs across it.
One thing was for sure; it was about to rain.
The couple stopped in their tracks, using their time to take in the view of the scenery before them. In front of them laid out the lagoon surrounded by a concrete walkway and grass. It housed a Symphony Stage in the middle of it, its elegance overshadowed by the obscurity above.
Facing each other, the girl broke the silence.
"Evan… are you sure it's okay for us to betray Shena like this? ... I feel so guilty, so wretched by the fact i'm risking my friendship with her to be happy with you,"she looked down in an attempt to prevent Evan from seeing her tears.
Evan, upon seeing them, reached down for the girl's hand, lacing her fingers in his.
Gently, he spoke.
"We don't have to worry about that, Chere.As long as we both keep mum about it, Shena won't find out.I'll break the news to her someday.Come on, let's get going. "
With that, they slowly made their way back up the path where they came from.
At that moment, the girl was still in a train of thought.
Thoughts more likely.
She could have sworn there was a dry edge to his voice. Although she didn't know where their illegal relationship would lead to, she knew something bad was about to occur.
Very bad.
But she couldn't put a finger to it.
One thing was for sure; it was about to rain.
The couple stopped in their tracks, using their time to take in the view of the scenery before them. In front of them laid out the lagoon surrounded by a concrete walkway and grass. It housed a Symphony Stage in the middle of it, its elegance overshadowed by the obscurity above.
Facing each other, the girl broke the silence.
"Evan… are you sure it's okay for us to betray Shena like this? ... I feel so guilty, so wretched by the fact i'm risking my friendship with her to be happy with you,"she looked down in an attempt to prevent Evan from seeing her tears.
Evan, upon seeing them, reached down for the girl's hand, lacing her fingers in his.
Gently, he spoke.
"We don't have to worry about that, Chere.As long as we both keep mum about it, Shena won't find out.I'll break the news to her someday.Come on, let's get going. "
With that, they slowly made their way back up the path where they came from.
At that moment, the girl was still in a train of thought.
Thoughts more likely.
She could have sworn there was a dry edge to his voice. Although she didn't know where their illegal relationship would lead to, she knew something bad was about to occur.
Very bad.
But she couldn't put a finger to it.
________________________________________________________________________
9 July 2007, 10.02 am. - Last Time
The girl traced her finger along the spiral patterns of the metal. It sparkled a tinge of gold and black, enhancing the characters portrayed underneath the glass that it protected.
After staring at it for a long time, she moved on to the next frame. And another. She continued with the process, picking up an item after another that encompassed the love between her and Evan. Photos to notes, trinkets to knick knacks imprisoned her attention throughout the room in a cycle. She began to pick up her pace, switching her focus from one object to the next. It was done within a constant tempo as the girl hopped from a spot to another like a ballerina.
Eventually she stopped to a halt in the centre of the room with a note in hand.
Lifting up the flimsy piece of paper, she saw as a tear fell on the surface. It smudged a particular word amongst the endless sentences scrawled on it. Quickly she shook her head out of it and hastily slipped the note into an empty envelope on her dressing table. Clutching the letter tightly, she made her way out of the room and down the stairs to the living room where Alec sat cross-legged, waiting.
Upon sighting her, the tanned, slender boy stood up immediately.
He was dressed in a semi-formal manner - donning a dark pair of Levis' jeans and a pressed collar shirt. Alec held a hand out to Shena as she approached the sofa that he'd been sitting on before she appeared. Wearing a white floral dress and standing on wedges, she neither took his hand nor shrug it away.
Instead, she placed the scrunched, cocoa-coloured envelope on the palm of his hand.
"Give this to Evan when i'm gone," Shena said with an edge to her voice.
"What's in it?"
"Let's just say it's a love letter," she smiled wryly and continued."It contains the truth behind my actions. I suppose i have to explain it to him in one way or another. "
Alec rolled his eyes and stooped down to look Shena in the eye.
"You do know i'm very against this plan of yours. I'm only doing it because I love you and I want you to be happy.Even if you're leaving us."
He leaned closer to her, inhaling the fresh flowery scent of her perfume. Holding her cheek gently, he kissed her forehead. Shena closed her eyes as he moved his lips slowly down her face, brushing lightly against her features. It touched her eyes to her nose and cheek, and then finally, her lips. Their lips stayed against each other for a second. Then with some reluctance, Alec pulled away, knowing it was the closest he could ever get to Shena.
This time, he held an arm out to his employer; his saviour; his all-time love. She took it and smiled appreciatively at her bodyguard who had served her for years. Together they stepped out of their haven, in time to face their destinies.
After staring at it for a long time, she moved on to the next frame. And another. She continued with the process, picking up an item after another that encompassed the love between her and Evan. Photos to notes, trinkets to knick knacks imprisoned her attention throughout the room in a cycle. She began to pick up her pace, switching her focus from one object to the next. It was done within a constant tempo as the girl hopped from a spot to another like a ballerina.
Eventually she stopped to a halt in the centre of the room with a note in hand.
Lifting up the flimsy piece of paper, she saw as a tear fell on the surface. It smudged a particular word amongst the endless sentences scrawled on it. Quickly she shook her head out of it and hastily slipped the note into an empty envelope on her dressing table. Clutching the letter tightly, she made her way out of the room and down the stairs to the living room where Alec sat cross-legged, waiting.
Upon sighting her, the tanned, slender boy stood up immediately.
He was dressed in a semi-formal manner - donning a dark pair of Levis' jeans and a pressed collar shirt. Alec held a hand out to Shena as she approached the sofa that he'd been sitting on before she appeared. Wearing a white floral dress and standing on wedges, she neither took his hand nor shrug it away.
Instead, she placed the scrunched, cocoa-coloured envelope on the palm of his hand.
"Give this to Evan when i'm gone," Shena said with an edge to her voice.
"What's in it?"
"Let's just say it's a love letter," she smiled wryly and continued."It contains the truth behind my actions. I suppose i have to explain it to him in one way or another. "
Alec rolled his eyes and stooped down to look Shena in the eye.
"You do know i'm very against this plan of yours. I'm only doing it because I love you and I want you to be happy.Even if you're leaving us."
He leaned closer to her, inhaling the fresh flowery scent of her perfume. Holding her cheek gently, he kissed her forehead. Shena closed her eyes as he moved his lips slowly down her face, brushing lightly against her features. It touched her eyes to her nose and cheek, and then finally, her lips. Their lips stayed against each other for a second. Then with some reluctance, Alec pulled away, knowing it was the closest he could ever get to Shena.
This time, he held an arm out to his employer; his saviour; his all-time love. She took it and smiled appreciatively at her bodyguard who had served her for years. Together they stepped out of their haven, in time to face their destinies.
________________________________________________________________________
9 July 2007, 1.39 pm. - Doomsday
Rapping on the front door of Chere's house, Evan looked around anxiously as he scoped the premises for anyone following him. As Chere and his relationship progressed, a nagging feeling that he was being tailed constantly had developed as well.
A moment later the door opened, revealing Chere in a simple tank top and denim shorts. She was almost a head shorter than Evan when she wasn't wearing high heels or platforms. Her face displayed a combination of uncertainty and suppression. Below her sharp features stood a smile, carefully plastered so she wouldn't give away any unnecessary emotions.
"Let's go," she said, and grabbed hold of Evan's hand. Interlocking her hand in his, she started down the steps ahead of him. It wasn't until the last step when she suddenly jolted to a halt, almost causing Evan to crash into her.
Chere was frozen where she was, her face in a state of shock. She had gone alarmingly pale, and looked like she was about to throw up. Evan was about to ask if she was alright when a familiar figure teased at the corner of his eye. He turned sideways, only to face the one person he never thought would have met him at such an unlikely venue. He wasn't expecting to be found at such short notice. Nor did he expect to have his girlfriend to be the one who caught him redhanded.
I guess I shouldn't underestimate my own girlfriend, he thought.
Still, the sight of her still came as a huge impact to him. He too, stood where he was, unable to find the words that would endear him free of what was going to happen. He thought of several situations where he was caught, and each of them didn't end up well. However, no visualisation had Shena personally confronting him.
But here Shena was, looking right at him with triumphant eyes.
Alec was beside her, his body tense as if he was waiting for something. He had a dark expression, and his brows furrowed together as he watched the two of them with disappointment. But that wasn't the centre of Evan's attention. It was Shena. She was clad in an ivory white sequinned dress and her hair flowed in a cascade of waves. She would have looked really beautiful, if not for the circumstances that Evan was in. Now she just looked sinister and deadly, like a bomb about to set off. Pun intended, he thought to himself as a jolt of terror and awe shuddered through him.
Shena stared at him for a long time, her eyes boring into his very soul. After what seemed like ages,her eyes flickered to Chere who backed up in fear. And then it rested on him again.
Finally, she started to speak.
"Well i should have known that you'd favour girls with short bobs like Chere," she smiled, and for a moment he thought he saw relief spread across her face. In an instant her snickering expression returned, showing no evidence that emotion was ever there.
"And of course i've always known about your relationship with her as well," she wiggled a finger between Evan and Chere as if to prove herself. "You two weren't really good at keeping it under wraps if you realise. In fact, it's pretty ironic considering that I assigned Chere to spy on you to see if you were seeing other girls behind my back. Although, I did ask her to try to attract you, i hadn't expected that you two would actually fall for each other. It was a terrible error on my part." she grinned, and a invisible knife seemed to pierce through Evan's heart.
Her words burned like acid. Each and every word of it, dripped with heavy sarcasm and venom. Evan's heart sank as her words registered in his mind. She sent Chere to spy on me? Chere's working for her? How did that even happen? Evan's head exploded in a fury of questions. He sank down to the ground as realisation dawned on him. He had fallen into a trap. A trap to see if he was faithful to her. Even Chere seemed shaken up by what she'd said. Chere's face was a white sheet, and her lips were quivering when she responded to Shena's remark.
"I - I'm sorry Miss Shena, for my mistake for falling in love with Evan. I didn't mean to - i just - it was accidental. A true accident. This wasn't supposed to happen," Chere wiped her tears with the back of her hands. "I'm so sorry Shena, i hurt you so much. I thought i could keep my emotions in check, but no i couldn't," her words came out in a tumble now, fast and furious. "My heart lost in this battle of self-control and now i'm in love with Evan. As he is too. And now that we know it, I - I hope you can give us your blessings. I know this is the most selfish thing to do, and it kills me to do it, but I can't imagine a life without him." Finished, she looked at Evan. Her makeup had been stained by the never-ending flow of tears, but other than that there was a soft conviction in her eyes.
A moment later the door opened, revealing Chere in a simple tank top and denim shorts. She was almost a head shorter than Evan when she wasn't wearing high heels or platforms. Her face displayed a combination of uncertainty and suppression. Below her sharp features stood a smile, carefully plastered so she wouldn't give away any unnecessary emotions.
"Let's go," she said, and grabbed hold of Evan's hand. Interlocking her hand in his, she started down the steps ahead of him. It wasn't until the last step when she suddenly jolted to a halt, almost causing Evan to crash into her.
Chere was frozen where she was, her face in a state of shock. She had gone alarmingly pale, and looked like she was about to throw up. Evan was about to ask if she was alright when a familiar figure teased at the corner of his eye. He turned sideways, only to face the one person he never thought would have met him at such an unlikely venue. He wasn't expecting to be found at such short notice. Nor did he expect to have his girlfriend to be the one who caught him redhanded.
I guess I shouldn't underestimate my own girlfriend, he thought.
Still, the sight of her still came as a huge impact to him. He too, stood where he was, unable to find the words that would endear him free of what was going to happen. He thought of several situations where he was caught, and each of them didn't end up well. However, no visualisation had Shena personally confronting him.
But here Shena was, looking right at him with triumphant eyes.
Alec was beside her, his body tense as if he was waiting for something. He had a dark expression, and his brows furrowed together as he watched the two of them with disappointment. But that wasn't the centre of Evan's attention. It was Shena. She was clad in an ivory white sequinned dress and her hair flowed in a cascade of waves. She would have looked really beautiful, if not for the circumstances that Evan was in. Now she just looked sinister and deadly, like a bomb about to set off. Pun intended, he thought to himself as a jolt of terror and awe shuddered through him.
Shena stared at him for a long time, her eyes boring into his very soul. After what seemed like ages,her eyes flickered to Chere who backed up in fear. And then it rested on him again.
Finally, she started to speak.
"Well i should have known that you'd favour girls with short bobs like Chere," she smiled, and for a moment he thought he saw relief spread across her face. In an instant her snickering expression returned, showing no evidence that emotion was ever there.
"And of course i've always known about your relationship with her as well," she wiggled a finger between Evan and Chere as if to prove herself. "You two weren't really good at keeping it under wraps if you realise. In fact, it's pretty ironic considering that I assigned Chere to spy on you to see if you were seeing other girls behind my back. Although, I did ask her to try to attract you, i hadn't expected that you two would actually fall for each other. It was a terrible error on my part." she grinned, and a invisible knife seemed to pierce through Evan's heart.
Her words burned like acid. Each and every word of it, dripped with heavy sarcasm and venom. Evan's heart sank as her words registered in his mind. She sent Chere to spy on me? Chere's working for her? How did that even happen? Evan's head exploded in a fury of questions. He sank down to the ground as realisation dawned on him. He had fallen into a trap. A trap to see if he was faithful to her. Even Chere seemed shaken up by what she'd said. Chere's face was a white sheet, and her lips were quivering when she responded to Shena's remark.
"I - I'm sorry Miss Shena, for my mistake for falling in love with Evan. I didn't mean to - i just - it was accidental. A true accident. This wasn't supposed to happen," Chere wiped her tears with the back of her hands. "I'm so sorry Shena, i hurt you so much. I thought i could keep my emotions in check, but no i couldn't," her words came out in a tumble now, fast and furious. "My heart lost in this battle of self-control and now i'm in love with Evan. As he is too. And now that we know it, I - I hope you can give us your blessings. I know this is the most selfish thing to do, and it kills me to do it, but I can't imagine a life without him." Finished, she looked at Evan. Her makeup had been stained by the never-ending flow of tears, but other than that there was a soft conviction in her eyes.
She was determined to stay with him, he realised. Evan hadn't actually thought his feelings for her were as strong as his love for Shena before he liked Chere. Then again, if you really loved the first one you wouldn’t have fallen for the second. Evan closed his eyes, ashamed of what he'd done. Remembering a portion of Johnny Depp's quote didn't quite help aid the state he was in either. However, the thing he dreaded the most had occurred and there was nothing he could do about it. The only thing he could do was to move forward.
"Chere's right. I love you Shena, I really do. You know that I'll always love you. But I also love Chere. And I'll like to be with her. Okay no wait, i'm not saying this right. I know there is no explanation that could have resulted in my actions. And although i should be furious that you set me up in a trap, i'm not angry with you because i fell into it. I'm responsible for this. You can put the blame on me. You can do anything to me, anything, but i'll still like to be with Chere." With that he took Chere's hand, placing hers in his.
________________________________________________________________________
9 July 2007, 2.40 pm - Sudden Gesture
Shena widened her eyes but said nothing. Instead, she propped her right arm on top of the other, her hand supporting the jaw of her chin as if she was deep in thought. She was looking right at the ground, pacing back and forth with Alec by her side, his eyes tailing her every movement.
Finally, she stopped and turned to face them again.
"Mmm go ahead then. No one's stopping you. I'm not gonna break you two apart," she said.
Evan stared at her in disbelief. His mouth was agape, and he knew Chere had reacted the same way because he had heard a "chk" sound from beside him.
Shena's face was an expression of amusement as she peered at them.
"Don't be shocked by what I said. If you're wondering why I let you go so easily, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I love you that's why I'm letting you go so that you can be happy with the one you want. You can't possibly expect me to be angry when it's me who have failed to make you continue to love me. And since it's Chere, I'm calmer since I know you'll be able to take care of her and likewise, she watch over you. So i'm done saying my part, and i'm done with this relationship," she took a step back and swung towards Alec, who was caught off guard by her sudden gesture.
"Don't fret, I still have Alec with me. Even if i'm gonna be heartbroken after this, I know Alec will always support me. Now come Alec, carry me in your arms. I want to show them our love!"
Shena grinned at Alec, who took a second to compose his surprised features.
His expression was devoid of any expressions as he scooped her up in his arms. Shena wrapped herself around him eagerly, clearly enjoying the princess carry. He then leaned down to whisper in her ears, followed by a brisk kiss on the lips. Evan couldn't help but feel extremely jealous. Even if he loved Chere now, he also loved Shena. He always knew she and Alec had a connection between them, and he didn't like it. As much as he hated to admit, he didn't like this moment either.
The new couple watched as their Alec walked away carrying Shena. It was hard not to look, especially since the most bizarre thing had occurred to them. They weren't in pieces from their indecent affair. And of course even though they knew Alec was strong; he was buff and muscular definitely, they couldn't help but be astounded at his ability to carry Shena. He didn't even have any trouble lifting her up. Their eyes followed the pair until they were out of sight.
________________________________________________________________________
9 July 2007, 3.52 pm. - Doing The Right Thing
She shivered even as the sun shone above her. The back of her dress flowed carelessly against the wind, the only part of her that was free and running. The rest of her was immobile as she was wrapped up in a gentle yet grip tight lock that would prevent her from falling onto the ground. She was thankful for it - for the arms that cradled her tightly against his chest, and for the hint that her right hand man had gotten.
Alec was smart, she realised. Her thoughts surfaced all at once as her heart began to slow down.
He'd known that I couldn't last much longer. He knew that. He was prepared to catch me from falling, even as I was taunting the both of them. No wonder he was so still beside me then.
She sighed.
He always knew.
They reached the doorstep of Shena's house.
Alec paused.
He stared at the familiar mahogany door before him.
Sighing heavily, he pushed the it wide open and carried Shena back to her room. He laid her on the bed, and placed the covers on top of her.
Shena looked up at him. He was seated to the edge of the bed, where his back faced her.The light pouring in from the windows at the side brought about a silhouette to hisface, masking his expression.However, he was shaking uncontrollably, so much that Shena could feel the trembles as well.
"Just…give me a moment." he muttered.
Alec sat still for a while. His hands were clenched into fists on his lap. They were white at the knuckles, Shena thought to herself. He's crying. For me. She realised with a mild surprise. Cradling the blanket in one hand, she reaches over to put her hand on top of his. He responded by locking her in a gentle yet tough embrace, and together they remained in that position.
Time passed.
Reluctantly, Alec pulled away from Shena. His face was a mess - tears stained his cheeks, and his eyes were red and puffy from crying silently. He proceeded to make some final calls outside, leaving her alone on her own.
At that moment, she didn't know who he was going to call.
She lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Thoughts have come to surface once again for the last time.It was the only thing she could do. There was nothing else she was capable of accomplishing physically. Her body system was dwindling in energy, and in a matter of hours, she would have to take her last breath. Leaving this world isn't easy, she thought.
But Shena wasn't going to cry or kick up a fuss about it. She'd just die in peace, in her own bedroom alone. It didn't matter if Chere or Evan didn't come, she wouldn't expect them to come crawling to her death bed anyways. As long as she had Alec by her side, she felt calm and at ease and ready to go.
A loud banging on the front door downstairs broke her out of her "dying" reverie.Her eyes, once focused on the plain white ceiling, shifted to the staircase just outside her bedroom door.
________________________________________________________________________
Alec was smart, she realised. Her thoughts surfaced all at once as her heart began to slow down.
He'd known that I couldn't last much longer. He knew that. He was prepared to catch me from falling, even as I was taunting the both of them. No wonder he was so still beside me then.
She sighed.
He always knew.
They reached the doorstep of Shena's house.
Alec paused.
He stared at the familiar mahogany door before him.
Sighing heavily, he pushed the it wide open and carried Shena back to her room. He laid her on the bed, and placed the covers on top of her.
Shena looked up at him. He was seated to the edge of the bed, where his back faced her.The light pouring in from the windows at the side brought about a silhouette to hisface, masking his expression.However, he was shaking uncontrollably, so much that Shena could feel the trembles as well.
"Just…give me a moment." he muttered.
Alec sat still for a while. His hands were clenched into fists on his lap. They were white at the knuckles, Shena thought to herself. He's crying. For me. She realised with a mild surprise. Cradling the blanket in one hand, she reaches over to put her hand on top of his. He responded by locking her in a gentle yet tough embrace, and together they remained in that position.
Time passed.
Reluctantly, Alec pulled away from Shena. His face was a mess - tears stained his cheeks, and his eyes were red and puffy from crying silently. He proceeded to make some final calls outside, leaving her alone on her own.
At that moment, she didn't know who he was going to call.
She lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. Thoughts have come to surface once again for the last time.It was the only thing she could do. There was nothing else she was capable of accomplishing physically. Her body system was dwindling in energy, and in a matter of hours, she would have to take her last breath. Leaving this world isn't easy, she thought.
But Shena wasn't going to cry or kick up a fuss about it. She'd just die in peace, in her own bedroom alone. It didn't matter if Chere or Evan didn't come, she wouldn't expect them to come crawling to her death bed anyways. As long as she had Alec by her side, she felt calm and at ease and ready to go.
A loud banging on the front door downstairs broke her out of her "dying" reverie.Her eyes, once focused on the plain white ceiling, shifted to the staircase just outside her bedroom door.
________________________________________________________________________
9 July 2007, 4. 22 pm - Forbidden Moment
A couple inherited the blank space of the steps and were running up with enormous speed towardsher room. Her brows furrowed as they tumbled to her bedside clumsily.
Shena relaxed.
Alec had called Evan and Chere after he left me alone so that I'll be able to see them once last time.
She put up a faint smile, and looked at the pair who were panting on the ground.
"Why…why didn't you tell us about your condition Shena?!" Chere gasped out in between pants of breath. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she struggled to bring herself to a kneeling position. Her face was flustered. It was a rosy red, and her ears reflected the same colour.
Shena giggled weakly.
"I'm grateful that you two were brave enough to visit me, but now you should go," she said.
Evan, who hasn't said a thing since they entered her room, stood up.
"Do you mind leaving us alone for a while, Chere?" he muttered.
Chere glanced from Shena to Evan, her eyes widening. Silently, she wiped her tears and stepped out of the room.
The room was now completely empty of people except for them. Evan lowered himself onto the bed, and proceeded to lay beside his fragile ex-girlfriend.His eyes bored into hers as hers did to his.
"Why did you lie?" he asked softly.
There was no expression on his face; emotions were only revealed in his eyes.
Shena could feel the hurt seen from his eyes piercing directly into the depths of her heart. He was beyond upset, she knew. And this is why I love him, she thought. With slight difficulty, she leaned her body to the right and faced him.
"I didn't want you to get hurt. Besides, no dying female would leave in peace having a crazy maniac boyfriend watching over all the time like she's on probation, wouldn't she?" she grinned.
Evan turned onto his back. He closed his eyes as his arm propped over his forehead.
"In other words, you did all of these just to make sure that I wouldn't be so hurt?" he whispered.
There was a sneer coming out from Evan's mouth. He started laughing quietly to himself as Shena stared.Tears were escaping from the little gaps that his arm and cheekbones let slip of.Shining like bright crystals, they trickled down the face of her ex-boyfriend. But he didn't stop there. Swiftly, he pulled Shena towards him into a tight embrace.
Shena smiled as her heart began to slow down. Little by little, her heartbeats dropped. With a weak attempt, she raised her lips towards his.
________________________________________________________________________
9 July, 2007, 5.02 pm - Death Will
Moments slipped by.
Alec stood by the doorframe as Evan placed the now motionless Shena down. The young bodyguard placed a hand out to the ex-boyfriend. Sitting comfortably in the curve of his palm was an envelope. Evan took the envelope and looked at it. With a twitch of his fingers, the strings fell apart and the envelope's contents spilled out.
His hands shook as they held the flimsy piece of paper up.
Dear Evan,
I'm pretty sure by the time this gets to you i'd already have left this world.
Or be at the brink of passing away. *chuckles*
Before I leave, I just wanted you to know that all of these,
your cheating on me, falling in love with Cheriss,
it was planned, all by me.
Shocker huh, to be manipulated by your girlfriend,
have your world filled with an enormous guilt that ticked like a clock,
waiting to explode whenever you were with me.
Ever since I found out that I was sick,
I arranged for things to be dealt with immediately.
which included you, because I didn't want you to know about it.
I didn't want to have a boyfriend who lingered by me 24/7 checking if i was alright
with a worried expression plastered on his face.
That would look ugly wouldn't it?
I didn't wanna be dampened with your sadness.
I didn't want us both to carry the burden of my illness.
I didn't want you to be filled with sorrow.
So I called Alec, your best bud, who's secretly my bodyguard.
He has been since we were in 7th grade when I reared him in
because he ran away from his abusive parents.
He's loyal to me, and was against this idea initially but heck,
i'm dying and this was my last wish, so what could he do?
*inserts cheeky grin*
He'd constantly track you down, and returned back
saying that you were with Cheriss during the times that we were apart.
Oh I forgot to add, Cheriss's my right hand man -- I mean woman.
Okay that sounded weird because I don't run any gang or rookie group.
Well you know I'm protected because of my family's past background but you didn't know how, did you?
Cheriss became my second-in-command way before Alec.
One day, when i was young, i saw her on the streets peering at me through her brown, doe eyes.
She was a beggar; I could tell, from the pleading look in her eyes.
You know what happened after that.
In this plan, I instructed her to become a new friend of yours who loves to hang around with you.
I didn't tell her why, i just briefly told her it was for the best.
And to see if you'd go out with other girls behind my back.
I knew you two were going to fall for each other.
So I put you guys together, and look how successful it turned out! *happy face*
If you're asking why I executed this helluva sick plan of mine, it's
So that you'll still be happy even after i'm gone.
You two would be safe in each other's comfort after I leave.
You wouldn't have to mourn over me, nor feel upset that you couldn't save me.
You couldn't even if you could try.
I could leave Cheriss in your hands,
so that she wouldn't feel so depressed about my parting.
You both would live happy ever after.
So basically, I wanted you both
TO BE HAPPY WITHOUT ME.
I won't say words of romance or any parting words,
because you know I'll love you as always.
And you know why I did this.
I did this because I love you.
P.S. I hope you'll be able to cherish her as much as you have cherished me.
Love always,
With a small scrunch, the paper dropped to the floor.
I'm pretty sure by the time this gets to you i'd already have left this world.
Or be at the brink of passing away. *chuckles*
Before I leave, I just wanted you to know that all of these,
your cheating on me, falling in love with Cheriss,
it was planned, all by me.
Shocker huh, to be manipulated by your girlfriend,
have your world filled with an enormous guilt that ticked like a clock,
waiting to explode whenever you were with me.
Ever since I found out that I was sick,
I arranged for things to be dealt with immediately.
which included you, because I didn't want you to know about it.
I didn't want to have a boyfriend who lingered by me 24/7 checking if i was alright
with a worried expression plastered on his face.
That would look ugly wouldn't it?
I didn't wanna be dampened with your sadness.
I didn't want us both to carry the burden of my illness.
I didn't want you to be filled with sorrow.
So I called Alec, your best bud, who's secretly my bodyguard.
He has been since we were in 7th grade when I reared him in
because he ran away from his abusive parents.
He's loyal to me, and was against this idea initially but heck,
i'm dying and this was my last wish, so what could he do?
*inserts cheeky grin*
He'd constantly track you down, and returned back
saying that you were with Cheriss during the times that we were apart.
Oh I forgot to add, Cheriss's my right hand man -- I mean woman.
Okay that sounded weird because I don't run any gang or rookie group.
Well you know I'm protected because of my family's past background but you didn't know how, did you?
Cheriss became my second-in-command way before Alec.
One day, when i was young, i saw her on the streets peering at me through her brown, doe eyes.
She was a beggar; I could tell, from the pleading look in her eyes.
You know what happened after that.
In this plan, I instructed her to become a new friend of yours who loves to hang around with you.
I didn't tell her why, i just briefly told her it was for the best.
And to see if you'd go out with other girls behind my back.
I knew you two were going to fall for each other.
So I put you guys together, and look how successful it turned out! *happy face*
If you're asking why I executed this helluva sick plan of mine, it's
So that you'll still be happy even after i'm gone.
You two would be safe in each other's comfort after I leave.
You wouldn't have to mourn over me, nor feel upset that you couldn't save me.
You couldn't even if you could try.
I could leave Cheriss in your hands,
so that she wouldn't feel so depressed about my parting.
You both would live happy ever after.
So basically, I wanted you both
TO BE HAPPY WITHOUT ME.
I won't say words of romance or any parting words,
because you know I'll love you as always.
And you know why I did this.
I did this because I love you.
P.S. I hope you'll be able to cherish her as much as you have cherished me.
Love always,
Shena
With a small scrunch, the paper dropped to the floor.
A deafening scream was heard.
- The End-
________________________________________________________________________

Post a Comment