Attitude; it's all that matters.
Apparently Sharlene found this question on Tumblr and asked me about it.
"If a guy came up to you and passed you this book with a smirk on his face
And you read the first page of the book and realized it was your life
Would you finish reading the book?"
There are two options that I'd considered almost immediately.
First was to read the whole book, and change it if I didn't like how it
ended with my own hands.
By my own hands, I'd either edit what was in the book,
or just change it from that moment in time. Why?
Because one small simple change can affect your future.
Let's say I didn't apply for DPA.
Perhaps I wouldn't be where I am now, learning more than
an average 17 year old would in fact.
Every single day, knowledge and wisdom comes knocking and I discover
how much more that I'm lacking.
Maybe I'll be in JC, changing over a new leaf and really studying seriously now.
Or in some design course in TP, or even biomedical science in NP.
Totally different route from this film course which was, in fact,
a spur of the moment decision.
Whenever I think about this, I get scared sometimes by the vast change
that would occur if I hadn't made certain decisions.
The other option would be to NOT read it at all,
because I don't wanna see how it unfolds.
Why? Because life's much more fun that way.
When it's unpredictable, always changing and perhaps something you can control if you wanted to.
Even if there wasn't a guy handing a book to me,
this is actually my current choice.
Feels like I'm riding the flow, not knowing where it'll take me.
I can't see my future.
That's truly a delight and torture indeed.
It's a pleasure not to know what you're going to do and where you're going to end up at
because it's a bit mundane if you're just going the straight path to your dreams.
At the same time, you don't know if you're going to end up either
a fucked up ass on the streets or some shit working for a wicked slut.
And it's also just simply that you DON'T KNOW where
you'll go.
It's like trying to feel your way around in the dark and hoping you'll
find the light where it will be the way out for you.
So our conversation spanned from the trend - conformity, to this question,
then to the reason of our existence and finally Adam and Eve and Pandora's Box.
It's interesting how both females - Eve and Pandora were the
ones who were tempted to eat the apple and open the box respectively.
But it's not just the gender that I'm talking about.
The point is they both did what they weren't supposed to do,
which led to where we are now, indirectly or directly.
Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil,
which resulted in them dying of old age and sickness.
Pandora opened the forbidden box and unleashed every negative emotion.
It's a pretty interesting topic to ponder over.
Supposing that all of these is real, I think it'd have been better
if they hadn't done what they did.
Yet at the same time, if they didn't, we wouldn't be here trying to figure out
the meaning of life and learning lessons from it.
It'll also be nice if we could all close the box and fix it.
Corruption, violence, etc.
Sometimes it's so uncannily shocking how you can actually see how wide
and far the negativity has travelled.
And you'll wonder if it's too late to save everyone from being tainted.
"Strangely unsettled."

Post a Comment