Time;

In our everyday lives, some may live in a fast manner.
Others take it slow.
A minimal amount of people stood on the left side of the escalator whereas the
majority made a dash up as if they were running a race or rather,
running for their lives.
As I stood on the left side, I watched them.
Why can't people slow down a little?
What were they rushing for? 
It's morning, it's a good day and yet many adults
are walking out of the stations with either deadpan or irritated expressions.
Most of them wore the same; plain, everyday-you-see colours.
Most of them were on their mobiles/ipad/whatever.
Most of them wouldn't move in and block the door just so it'd be convenient for them to go out 
later on. 
I'm not complaining about the lack of manners, no wait I am.
But that's not the main thing.
The important observation is that time passes really quickly for them.
They've lost track of time.
Time, has become a calculator for them, a measure of how long they're left with to reach work,
how long they're left till work ends, how long they're left with to payment day.
Not how much time they still have to enjoy life, how much time they have to have fun, 
how much time to love, how much time to thank and thank for.
It's just a matter of how much more we still have, not how much lesser we have.

Until we die that is.

"10 more days."

Friday, March 8, 2013

Blog Archive