Blind Haze;
As we all know, the haze is back in Singapore but at a much more drastic,
and more dramatic rate.
While the PSI this morning read 94, then to 111,
the surroundings outside weren't even close to the 3-hour measurement given.
The burning smell continues to linger in the air, all the while severely ruining our respiratory systems.
Air pollutants clog up the oesophagus, producing more phlegm than usual.
Hence, the need to cough out and drink loads of water.
It blocks our nose and sense of smell, and thus it's required to blow your nose once in a while.
The only good side about this situation is the fact that film students get a chance to
film a horror film in this almost-successful imitation of Silent Hill.
And that this creates a dreamy scenery (what scenery in Singapore?!) that makes it
all so surreal.
I mean come on, you can't see no shit further than 100-200 metres, or a few blocks away.
And the train that I'm riding in at the moment, you can pretty much tell it's pushing past
layers of haze and maybe creating a lil clouds heh.
While everyone finds it harder to breathe, I think everyone's slowly adapting to
the thickness of the air around.
I guess it SHOULD be beneficial (even though it damages our lungs), at least you could train it to
survive and endure such conditions.
Although it does concern me that the poor/homeless people, the construction workers and the stray cats
may be hit more severely than the rest of us.
Construction workers are forced to work, and while some of them have put on masks/cloth,
some of them have not.
And a number of them have to work at higher floors.
Trust me, the air quality gets worse the higher you're at.
Including the temperature.
At home, it feels like a step closer to inferno in the first few days that this happened.
Now, I guess everyone's gotten used to this inferno on the 19th floor so well.
The stray cats and dogs on the other hand, have no place to hide and so
I hope it doesn't affect them too badly.
The homeless is the homeless, I pray that kind hearted souls would manage to get those currently
OOS masks and donate it to them.
Well, at least for some of us, the good thing about this is that there's air con
almost everyday.
Appreciate that guys ;))
Anyways, last night. - to be continued
Friday, June 21, 2013

Post a Comment