Fader Controls;

TODAY'S A GOOD DAY.

These two days have been pretty...insightful.
Last evening:
Headed for the chalet at around 6pm but not before roaming the shops at Downtown East
which I never really had the chance to browse through.
The creepy creepy shop that Junior had mentioned last year was pretty interesting indeed.
I actually found out something from that place LOL.
Reached the place to end up watching Devil Wears Prada - who knew it's so interesting?!
We ended up having BBQ and all that.
Obviously there were some who were not happy about it.
Watched some weird stuffs on Youtube and headed out with Sam, Shannen and Waylon to get more food for ourselves!
It was surprising that the drinkers waited for us kinda expected they would drink first. (probably cuz no soft drinks to mix)


Vienna posing

I got coerced to drink even though I hadn't planned to drink last night.
(i can imagine some of y'all laughing at me right now)
BUT. 
I only drank a bit, but perhaps helping out in the BBQ had rendered me too exhausted to keep my tolerance level up for that day.
For I felt immensely sleepy the next time I came out of the chalet with the clique + Sulaiman and Jaya.
They both were pretty much drunk and I guess when you're drunk you can do anything huh?
Jaya was jumping and releasing his Malay parkour hormones all over the place it was really entertaining HAHA.
We came back and relaxed while the guys paid Junior to go run to Cheers (it imposed a curfew on alcohol) and get another bottle of Vodka that they finished quickly. 
See how fast that mofo ran with the money LOL.
Time passed and soon, the few people who were really drunk were Zi Xiang, Sulaiman, Jaya, Amanda and Ryan.

Things occurred like:


Drunk Amanda is drunk


So cute
(hope you don't mind Amanda it's just damn cute!!!)

Very interesting to ponder about indeed. ;)
Finally managed to get onto a proper bed this time, and even though sleeping in the middle sucks 
cuz of the hole between the beds and everything, it was strangely pleasant.
Like finding comfort in discomfort.
Perhaps it was the soothing aircon and the tiredness.
Not to mention Sulaiman and Jaya's annoying, incessant but very funny teasing of me.
Something about me twerking ayes guys pls.
Well it made everyone laugh happily in the room, I'm honestly content lol.
Although I couldn't sleep at all after that.
So I laid awake thinking about all that has happened so far in the chalet.

How it feels like to lose control of yourself.
Isn't that the major reason why people drink? 
To forget their troubles and themselves, even if momentarily, to lose themselves.
Melting that rubberband discipline that can stretch to various situations and curb certain actions.
If only for a while.
To be able to do anything you wouldn't do under that self-discipline and righteousness when in a conscious state.
And having no need to explain yourself because you can just pass it off as being drunk.
Daring to do anything and everything releasing yourself from any restraints.
Man, even I would want that.
I definitely would want that, at least once.
Like those faders on the audio mixers, turning it to either side to turn that control on or off.
Or leave it in the middle to balance.
However, what stops me from losing myself...I don't know what that reason is.


Morning: Awake peeps

WORK.

Anyways so I took the time-of-my-life shower in the morning and left the chalet for work.
The sleep on the train was SO, SO refreshing man couldn't have slept any better!
Reached the workplace with minutes to spare and as I was taking the usual route,
I stumbled across the same shop that me and JV had patronised just days before.
And I learnt something new! 


Nothing but a good 8track playlist to start the morning off!! :)

Helped manager out and listened to music while opening the shop man love peaceful mornings and opening.
Left work after the two hours and got the item that I'd eyed the same few days back
before rushing off to City Square Mall. yayyy
Everything happened in coincidences after that.
The shuttle bus to City Square Mall arrived just as I got off at my station and I was just in time for the movie!


Audrey showed this on the semester group WA group
thank goodness man!!
So worth it! :')

Which I am fucking grateful to Jo for treating me thanks my bitch :')
THANK YOU JO!!! :DDD

The littlest things made me happy: 


FREE BREAD AKA LUNCH BY MY MANAGER

PEEP SHOW

The GV guy accepting my collection of movie ticket even though Jo used his credit card, some woman making conversation with me about the 60 cents movie offer, the lil peepshow that reminded me of Film Hist, the train and shuttle bus arriving just as I came, sitting in a REALLY full theater with all other The Mortal Instruments fans. 

Even though there were like couples and groups in the theatre, it was an intriguing experience.
Watching a movie all by myself, and a favourite-book-turned-movie at that.
Somehow it didn't feel so lonely, because the theater was full and people laughed at the comments and actions of the characters.
Like everyone was in sync!
The whole time I was just smiling inside and a little on the outside.
And mannnnnn the action scene was good I went thinking, "WHAT IS WITH THIS DUBSTEP SCENE SO COOL I LOVE IT"
Like man whoever who edited that part deserves an applause.
Overall the movie was pretty alright.
Although it certainly lacked the crucial details while placing a numerous amount of information that would have been too much, or rather incomprehensible for people who hadn't read the series.
The film seemed more like it was just for The Mortal Instruments novel fans.
Rhythm was kinda too fast-paced like it was visible that the a two hour movie couldn't compress all that information lol.
So some scenes ended up jerky and had responses from me like "what", like the romance scene between Clary and Jace, or the Magnus suddenly saving Alec. 
But wow boy were the soundtracks good they were magnificent alright.
I love the music used for this movie.
Good attempt with all the SFX and trying to go by the book.
All in all, it was a good experience :)

Certainly, today has given me a lot of experience and new insights to ponder about.
Possibly a new makeover as well.
Just possibly. :)




Couldn't decide which was better



The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones

“Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.” 
― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blog Archive