"Nothing happens until the pain of remaining the SAME
outweighs the pain of CHANGE." - Arthur Burt
Change.
As it is, everyone fears change.
The idea of it altering anything and everything that was once considered normal or a daily routine
might seem pretty upscale and uneasy to be liked.
What irks is when people question: "Why change yourself for somebody else?"
Indeed they would say, "It would no longer be me if I change. I am who I am, I cannot change that."
Personally, I think that deserves a big "FUCK YOU".
In my utmost opinion, I don't see why one cannot change.
It doesn't mean you would become somebody else or someone you used to know.
And sometimes change isn't all that bad either.
Yes it may neither be good too.
But if one knows he or she is headed towards a collision, would one rather take the same straight route or swerve to avoid it?
If crashing (continue to head straight instead of turning) is the answer, I'd say bless your soul.
Ultimately rejecting the idea of adjustments is ridiculous.
I find it really stupid when people state it's not being themselves blah blah
and that it's selfish of others to tell them to be someone they're not.
This deserves another big "NOW YOU FUCK RIGHT OFF"
Let's say this is referring to attitudes of a human being.
If one's attitude sucks so much, wouldn't it be better to just give in to people's suggestions?
(at this point of time, I believe people would say now that's just fucking selfish)
I just cannot comprehend.
Because they obviously mean well and don't want to see one being left behind with one's mindset.
Nor see anymore people get hurt by one as well.
Possibly it will come across to the person as an offensive criticism.
Perhaps it will spark off one's defence mechanism of flight or fight.
Maybe it's due to our pride and ego as well.
That would mean people are just stubborn creatures who would not compromise for a transformation that they so pessimistically think would end up in a catastrophe.
Funny how people may argue saying that that's not considering their thoughts and feelings.
And I argue back, have you considered others thoughts and feelings?
Indeed, life isn't about pleasing others.
Plus some extra shit about pleasing yourself cuz you can't please everyone.
However, life's also about caring for others and yourself.
All that other stuff doesn't matter.
Sometimes the negative perspective may have been derived from past events or something other people has done to them, but yet, it doesn't always happen.
And to top it off, sometimes change is the only option one has.
It's always there, waiting as an opportunity, whether one decides to take it up or not.
You would still be yourself.
And you would not push people away by rejecting their care and concern.
That I strongly believe that 'change', would do.
We would still retain ourselves but yet be stronger than before.
Different than before, but it's a nice difference as compared to the past selves. :)
This is just so amusing.
I'm especially amused by no-point, side-track destructions.
And when people in general take it to heart, thinking that actions and words on my part
may be about them.
Well if the shoe fits, feel free to wear it lol.
Since, there's no one else's eyes that can see into me.

Post a Comment