Alcoholic- What?


Or just absurdity?

The title's plain right above.

Well fret not (actually do fret), I'm gonna make this clear once and for all.

I find it both absolutely amazing and distasteful when people assume things about others.
Perhaps it's the image that they seem to portray out unknowingly. 
Imagine if you were the one who drinks. 

Don't you find it laughable to be termed an alcoholic when let's say:

1. The last time you drank, you actually sipped from everybody else's drinks
2. You only drink a glass or two if you drink at some bar
3. At parties and chalets, you don't overdo yourself and be a burden to others.
4. The only thing you've mentioned about drinks is Bailey's Irish Cream
5. And finally when you seem to have a "wide" knowledge of alcohol

To say the least, I'd only call myself an alcoholic and ring the warning bells
when I drink as much as I did at Kim's house last year.
That my friend, is a quite a few glasses of Absolut Vodka, mixed, and playing a counting math game.
Now I can still remember the sensation I felt when the warmth of the liquor hit me.
Add on the unsteadiness of my entire body when I walked my way towards the toilet.
It was pretty interesting when you try to wobble to and fro.
No other experiences can equate to that one night - I wasn't drunk either that night.
Probably more intoxicated than normal.
Yes, even if my physical senses were blurred out and my thoughts got softer, I wasn't drunk.
Perhaps in a clearer sense, it should be termed as a dangerous near-becoming-alcoholic level if done very often (like every night).

Not some mere sips of alcohol that I sneak from everybody or some drinking session at
the Loof (maybe) where I'll only a order a drink.
Like, A DRINK. ONE. YI GE. SATU. UNE. ICHI. UNO.
Cuz it's so darn expensive for something so little.

I believe that if one is to pass judgement on others, he or she has to be fully prepared and 
well-equipped with facts and not baseless perspectives.
Presumably what they often see.  
Now who and what is an alcoholic?

"An alcoholic is a man or a woman who suffers from alcoholism - they have a distinct physical desire to consume alcohol beyond their capacity to control it, regardless of all rules of common sense."

Let's see.
Can I control it? 
Yes.
Do I have common sense even when I drink a little more than usual?
Yes. 
I do not go into a fit of rage and thrash the whole room;
I do not go become some whiny kid who complains about everything around her;
I do not start crying out of nowhere.
I do not start to become a closet pervert and touch/kiss/hug people.
And I am honest about drinking. 
Now I'm not saying that people who drink more than usual and end up 
like what I've said are alcoholics.
Because the ones I know, are not.
That's just the type of drunks they are when they get drunk and lose their ability to control themselves.

If someone has a high tolerance and is seen drinking ten pure shots,
do I call that person an alcoholic?
I think not.

Now I find it ironic how generally, and I really do mean generally,
that those who term others as alcoholic are either 
1. Non-drinkers
2. Extremely light drinkers
3. People with low alcohol tolerance 
(no i'm not basking in the glory of having 'high' tolerance)

There's another thing I find FUCKING ironic.
Which I may point out in the next post or so.

One last statement.
If I were an alcoholic, I wouldn't have had to take care of the drunk 
or the intoxicated people.
So before anyone decides to officially term someone as an alcoholic,
you better get your facts straight before passing off a thought or judgement. 

This isn't a rage post by the way.
I just extremely hate it when people say stuff they don't know about.

Likewise, Sulaiman's teasing about my hair isn't exactly better than this,
but well it is indeed the truth because my curls are as messed up.
And because that part of his statement is fact and I don't want to cause any mishaps 
so I keep quiet about it.
Although, sometimes I feel like rebonding everything and come to school with it just to fuck some
people up but expensessssss.
Such a pain in the ass. 

On a similar note, someday I should just overdo with the alcohol to see how far I can go.
To lose myself in the midst of it all;
Just loosen that control, even if it's for a few hours or a night.
And to definitely see what kinda drunk I'm supposed to be.
If intoxication is just the first stage of being drunk, I wonder how far more would I have 
to drink in order to reach where people start to do shit they don't remember.

Wouldn't it be interesting indeed?


Friday, October 11, 2013

Blog Archive