And my sleep coma!!
return back to this platform.
Had the intention to blog for a while now but time simply didn't allow it.
And this is the first (finally) less uptight day of this killer week.
That I might, JUST might get to sleep at a time earlier than 2 am.
Anyways, back to updates.
Sunday, 10 Nov 2013
Went over to Jaya's place to have a group meeting.
As usual, I was late. (because it's at Bukit Batok)
Met up with Waylon and Jiayi beforehand and we got lunch.
Discussed about scene adaptation - the shot list, overhead, casting calls and what not.
We had a little trouble with finding a right location for the script but
somehow Jaya's odd range of connection with people helped this time round.
However, we couldn't location recce till about 9 pm ++ and that was a pretty sick idea
since there were classes the next morning.
Jiayi left after a few hours and then there's the three of us.
While working on the shot list with the mofo, he got all stressed up because he was influenced by my and Waylon's opinions and went to play Fifa.
Such a bitch sigh.
That left the two of us, so we went to play with his cat.
IT'S SO CUTE BUT SO UNRESPONSIVE.
Just like the mofo, without the cute part. :3
Left for the location at almost 9 pm because Jaya couldn't get his shit done with his capture clip
and had us waiting and waiting.
I was almost done with life by the time he was finished - first time being that hungry in a long time.
Grabbed cream cheese buns at the interchange (THEY WERE NICEEEE)
and set off to Clementi.
It was really amusing how the mofo actually asked whether Pisces people were clumsy by nature.
And then Waylon and I shook our heads and pointed that that's him.
On a side note, it's such a fascinating development - to have four Pisces members in a group project.
Now that really means four deeply emotional fucks with individually complex problems.
Still, it's like a twisted fate that we would come together in a team.
All of these horoscope cum astrology stuff is pretty amazing.
Anyways, the duo shared their family background on the way.
It's something to ponder about, that people can hide their troubles and loneliness so well outside.
But at every end of the day, they have to return to reality and face it.
How different they are while they're elsewhere and while they're at home.
I believe they might have been slightly taken aback by my family background since it's so hilariously messed up in a good way.
Isn't it ironic when one with a peaceful childhood still has a shitload of
emotional problems to deal with?
Perhaps it is.
Just that, it's saddening to see that people only have sadness and pure solitude
in their only form of a haven.
When we got to the place, we were pleasantly surprised by the family.
They were playing musical instruments and singing at the top of their lungs
- something which I found extremely touching.
I mean, when do you ever see that in our country?
This family didn't have an ounce of a care what other people thought.
Music lived in them; It was something they enjoyed greatly.
I was really fond of this family because they helped us a great deal by suggesting
things that we could make use of in our scene adaptation.
Words can't express how appreciative and glad I was to meet such a family.
It's just this warm feeling you get radiating out from them that makes it so
memorable.
Oh well, music does build a bond of trust between people.
I don't know what I'd do without music in my life.
Well shit my eyes are already closing - really really exhausted for the night.
Reached home at almost midnight and I rushed my stop motion project within 2 hours.
(thank god for limitations e.g my brother has to sleep)
Had a pretty decent chat with Shannen before choosing my electives as well as what I wanted
to do in Year 3.
Well, I guess that kinda settles my life path next year for now.
Slept at 3 am + in the end.
Monday, 11 Nov 2013
Woken up by my mum at 8.34 am and I realised I WAS GOING TO BE LATE FOR CLASS.
The most fucked up thing about it was that she'd called me up an hour earlier,
and apparently I got up and laid back down.
I didn't remember any of that, which is rare because I'd know if I had actually done it.
Sometimes it's done unconsciously, but this time round?
I was really in a sleep coma.
HOWEVER, I managed to make it to class just right on time.
That kinda made my day hehes.
Had scriptwriting, which I obviously fell asleep in again.
We continued with the group meeting afterwards and finally completed the shot list.
The three of us (left again) screwed around with Junior on Jaya's Facebook chat.
Sigh that really was a good laugh. I've never laughed that much in months.
Went home and edited VFX at night finally!
However it was already 2 am + by the time I was done with VFX so didn't manage to study for DocPro.
Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013
Studied in the morning and headed for school.
There was something very significant that happened that rainy day.
I headed out of the bus stop and decided to take the usual route of walking into the Munch area to take a lift even though it was kinda drizzling.
A woman, (probably a lecturer) kinda tapped me on the shoulder while I was walking and put the umbrella over me.
She'd been trying to assemble it beforehand.
THAT'S SO NICE OF HER MAN.
Because honestly, I don't really expect anyone to do that.
And that's just nice of her it made my day :))
During DocPro - we watched Born into Brothels such an amazing documentary!!!
When the test as over I felt so much more relieved.
Okay not so much since there was still the shotlist and what not to complete.
Rushed through VFX's BTS later on at night, and as usual I only completed it at about 2 am.
Completed the paperwork for INTFILM though so that's cool.
I think that was my most productive night of all time :)
Wednesday (today), 13 Nov 2013
Came in to class late and I thought I was the latest one since it seemed like everyone was there.
But noooo, Waylon came in way later than me.
It's amusing how people think that it's shocking when I'm late since it's the first time and all.
I guess it is, but then again, the bus came late so I had no reason to be panicked about.
(though I was almost shitting my pants)
Should've lied to Jaya since he was the one so curious about my sudden lack of punctuality.
I was in deep thought for the whole of VFX because I didn't know whether to present or not.
The thought of presenting again, in front of not one class but two is kinda intimidating.
Especially if you haven't done it in a while, you kinda retreat back into your shy-introvert self.
First-world problems man.
INTFILM this week was pretty boring most of the time.
It was kinda surprising when Mr Andrew thought I was a 1D fan just because my laughter was
much louder than others.
Went to buy more food with Teri at MKP after lesson.
Apparently her waffle looked pretty floppy because the auntie did such a half-assed job at it.
Soft and not well-done in a sense.
AND I DROPPED MY EGG TART sigh.
Collected NP's Got Talent tickets from Jo and went home.
Kinda excited that we're going together!!!
That's Vienna, Teri, Sam, Shannen, Peiyi, me.
As well as Bart and Junior's mum (i think so).
It'll be nice to have some sort of dinner with the four other mofos sigh miss it a lot.
Slept from 9 onwards till about 1 am by accident. (not really)
Had a great rest even though I'm not sleepy right now and it's 2.31 am which is going to prove to be a problem later on.
Although it's another night of dreams and weird shit.
So many dream-filled/deep AND interrupted sleep these few nights it's a little disheartening.
Well that's the end of this blogpost for now it's pretty long enough! :)
P.S I find myself often looking at the Myanmar pictures on Facebook. Guess I really still do miss the time spent there a lot. It's just something different about the place; so peaceful and all and the milkshakes are really good. The life in Mandalay was just ..unforgettable. Cool air and a really darn beautiful scenery. Not to mention it's high up in the mountains and kinda connects you to nature in a way. I just felt so relaxed there. And time spent with people I didn't know or wasn't as close to before. Just...miss it right now too.
These bunch of silly people when they celebrated
my birthday MAN THE MEMORIES
Meeting them soon too! :)




Post a Comment