Virgin Experiences ;

That's when you feel the music reverberating throughout
your entire body.

I don't know where to start from this.
Actually pretty awake at the moment even though it's 4:49 AM
and I came back from clubbing like an hour ago.

Let's just say my virgin experience of clubbing was not what I expected.
Just before I left to have some fun, my mum finally relented after my sister pestered her
to let me go.
Really appreciate the fact that my sis is so enthusiastic about it HAHA.
Love her man.
She was suspicious when I said I was going out late for dinner
but well she helped out in the end yayyy :)
Owe her a Starbucks now though!

So we met up at Marina Square and planned Teri's birthday.
She wasn't shocked, but I'm guessing she appreciated the gesture.
Jacq and I stationed Bart and Reuben at Starbucks, Amanda and Syasya at Macs,
and Junior, Ryan and Sulaiman at Coffee Bean.
The three guys were REALLY well-hidden; when Jacq called them, they said they could see us but we couldn't find them at all until I finally saw their figures at the cafe.
Pretty darn good.
After the 'celebration', we took pictures and headed down to Mansion first where 
TOUCHME was being held. 
Basically it's supposed to be a slutfest that gives you stickers upon entry.
Paste on any part of your body and that gives someone the permission to touch where you've pasted. 
IT sounded interesting yet really horrid at the same time, but obviously the guys in our sem were eager to go.
The bad choice that happened was that people left first, leaving the rest at the back.
While it's pitiful, plus the fact that Reuben had to go home cuz he was underage,
it was also kinda annoying because everyone didn't know which direction to take.

So we went to get chops first so we could come and go as we please.
After that, it somehow became a point where the guys wanted to go Dream but there was a problem with the guestlist or something and we were unable to enter.
So the guys went ahead with going to Bianca instead. 
It got more and more frustrating because we didn't know what to do.
After a long while we just finally settled at Bianca.
However, the shots weren't good and the music was meh. 
The dance platform was so half-assed, and even though the dance floor people like
Junior, Bart, Sulaiman, Ryan, Rina, Yisi, Ysabel and her friend were like having fun,
it felt so awkward.
To be sober while you're jumping around and looking at everyone;
That's just pretty strange. 
I tried to sink into euphoria, but it didn't work.
The iron grip was stuck to my morals and I could feel resistance from within.
Resistance to just let go and have fun.
And resistance that holds my discipline strictly intact.

One funny thing that happened was that there was this "Pitbull" lookalike,
as mentioned by Amanda.
He and his two friends seemed to be trying to approach our group (we were in a lil circle on the dance platform).
A while later, the Pitbull guy just grabbed me from the opposite side.
Basically I was within the circle and I got pulled from another end of the circle.
So this Pitbull guy just started dancing with me (separated me from the group in fact),
and I went along with it cuz I didn't know what the fuck was happening.
All these while, I looked at Bart who was the nearest to me.
Giving him all the SOS signals.
Thankfully he knew what was going on and held out a hand so I took it and he helped pull me back into the circle. :)
Grateful for this guy man seriously. 
That shocked me.

Later on, the guys disappeared to have a smoke.
Bart left early because he had curfew for the first time. 
Put it simply, we 'switched' places in the sense that I no longer had a curfew for this one time and he had it.
It was kinda a downer but yeah.
Eventually, Teri and her friends left; before that to get their underaged friend into Bianca.
One of them used my IC cuz I looked similar enough.
Syasya brought up a very good point though, that it's a dangerous decision to implicate others because of  your action.
Her friends and the ones from hockey had decided to drink by the bridge at Clarke Quay.
On our side, we were also trying to make sure she has fun but I guess when they left,
we just got frustrated and didn't really want to bother anymore with what they wanted to do and all.
Left Bianca at about 2 am, because we were sick and tired of it.
Frankly, everyone was just so frustrated and how much of a failure this plan is,
and the fact that people keep changing their minds and all.
I repeatedly told Jacq that if we went to Mansion again (last club we went to),
and I don't enjoy it for shit, I'd not club until the year end.
She wasn't having much of a fun time either over at Bianca and sat with Sulaiman 
to watch people do retarded things.
Amanda and Syasya also stood by because they weren't high at all. 

Headed to Mansion with just a few of us left: Junior, Mike, Rina, Jacq, Amanda, Ysabel, Sulaiman, Ryan, Ysabel's friend.
Back in the huge cab, Rina asked whether I had a high alcohol tolerance.
And I said yes.
She said she was a lil jealous since she'd go cray with just a few drinks.
After a Jaegerbomb and a few shots from the glass bottles in the previous club, I was 
still as sober as hell.
Not high enough to just go crazy. (FBC's clubbing this year was so much better even without alcohol)

At the last club, we just slowly started dancing again.
It was much better this time round, because of the more hyped atmosphere and music.
Even though there weren't any drinks we could take from now,
it still wasn't as bad cuz Jacq and Amanda finally danced with us so that made me a little more
relieved.
Since that meant that they were more relaxed enough to join us.
(Because it's not fun until everybody is having fun!!!!!!!!)
And we did, at least more now. 
One thing that struck me was when there were other guys who circled us; they stood behind some of the girls in our group like they were trying to have a go and all.
What impressed me was that OUR guys protected us.
They brought the girls closer together in the center of our lil circle in order to spread around enough that
no one would do funny shit.
Because there were at least a few times guys tried to do that. 
(aka guy pulling me away that was really freaky)

What I meant to say is that I was really touched by them. 
Junior, Sulaiman, Mike, Ryan and Ysabel's friend.
Bart also, at Bianca.
Because you don't really expect people to do this when they're dancing and all y'know?
In total appreciation of their efforts :)
We sang as we danced, for those who knew the songs and it felt good!
The playlist was much better and surprisingly I recognised most of the songs played in both clubs.
Not to mention Sha and Becca were there since we first saw them when we came over at 10 pm.
Great to see them again because they knew about some of my troubles and it was better
knowing they're there.
And the concern they showered mannnnnnnnn this whole night has been full of 
good lessons learnt and the touched feels :>
Not forgetting Jacq either!!!!
Met her right at the start and we coordinated Teri's surprise for Rina and Payal.
She also looked out for me and waited for me to come out of the club so we could cab together home!
Basically she was also a caretaker during this whole experience.
Thanks so much man LOVE YOU TO BITS :')

It was a horrible night overall, but there were so many lessons learnt.
With an added appreciation towards my friends tonight. 
In the meantime, I'll just wait for another opportunity to go clubbing again and have a better time.
At the end of the year, with possibly the same group of people again.

Will post pictures if I can find them soon enough :)

First Times:
1. Clubbing 
2. Trying a Jaeger
3. Getting pulled away by some Pitbull lookalike who probably only wanted some fun (or out to get lucky)
4. Saved by guy friends in a circle
5.Travelling in an attas cab
6. Drinking 'shots' straight from the bottle
7. Loaning my card to get someone into the club (really dangerous)
8. Going to a social event with people I don't know/not close to
9. Being so conscious of what's happening while dancing
10. Not eating anything after drinking

Well that's a lot of stuff.

I guess I'm even more aware of how tight my grip on my morals are, 
which is both a good and a bad thing.
Good thing is I won't do anything that would be embedded in my conscience forever 
e.g smoking 
(which is honestly very difficult to resist right now because of stress and depressing shit)
Plus the fact that people keep asking you to try.
The bad thing is that I'm aware of how difficult it is for me to get high or drunk,
which has it's pros and cons.
Furthermore, there's the issue of letting go and not holding back at all.
The entire night was full of holding back because you're afraid of judgement and people giving you the weird staredown. 
All it boils down to is that I probably need to put in more effort into 
checking out my tolerance level sigh.
Maybe my strict discipline towards certain aspects is what's helping me stay really high on the alcohol tolerance chart.

Oh well, gotta break some to make some.

P.S. Just realised I went clubbing with two people who sat on either side of me during INTFILM lecture. Best part is, we don't talk at all unless deemed necessary.

"You can't have my heart and you won't use my mind, but do what you want with my body." - Lady Gaga (introduced by the muthafucker)

Will blog about this week soon. :)

Saturday, November 23, 2013

One response to Virgin Experiences ;

  1. Unknown says:

    LOL I don't even know who pitbull is, I couldn't have been the one who told you that!

Blog Archive