Yesterday, I came across this product that had a kids version of it.
Meaning, there was a version specifically for kids.
It was shampoo.
I thought, what happened to all those conventional Johnson's No Tear Shampoo
that we all used to use back in the 90's - 2000's ?
They probably still exist but the fact that there're products popping up to cater to the children kinda
reminds me of this picture:
Which is totally true.
Isn't it encouraging kids to be more concerned about how they look?
Children shouldn't even be using stuff like iPhones or tablets at what, the age of 3?
For one thing, yes times are changing and it probably will become a necessity that teens would
own a communicable device at a younger age to interact with their peers for school work, parents, etc.
Still, there's no need to be in contact with technology at such a young age.
And it's not just kids these days.
Basically everyone in general, our generation's so dependent on 'technology' to satisfy our social networking needs, interaction with school work, gossip blah blah.
When's the last time you actually had a decent, face-to-face conversation without an awkward silence
because most topics have already been discussed via phone cuz typing is faster?
Definitely not recently.
Sometimes when I see my friends that I haven't seen for a long time,
and I see them instagramming their food or take pictures, just watching from an external perspective, it's like this:
Just multiply that person by four.
And you've got a group of peers staring at their phone screens like
it's much more interesting than a casual gathering in real life.
Words are easier said on text, anger better expressed by typing, and yet it's detrimental because
we're all slowly losing the ability of speech.
I won't deny that I'm bitter about not having a contract or some 3G/4G whatever that shit is for phone (man I don't even know what this data stuff is for),
but sometimes, I'm actually thankful for my parents' refusal to get that.
For one it's finances which means I'd have to pay it for myself, which, I'm perfectly incapable of.
Even though to be honest, paying for my prepaid card is about the same as paying for the contract every month.
Two, while it does impair the convenience to connect with people for important matters,
it does force people to text me or inform me about matters MANUALLY.
That is fun, because it shows you the effort people take to communicate with you.
Although some people DO continue to tell me shit like "go see yourself la" or "it's on the wa didn't you read" well fuck yourself do I look like I'm some hotspot connected to the world wide web 24/7?
Just reminds me of how my hand-me-down LG non-smart phone used to turn off and on cuz of a loose battery the previous year.
And how I finally got a proper, decent phone this year.
Because it's funny how they blatantly turn a blind eye to those without connection,
until they actually experience it themselves.
It's just like how it was like in Myanmar; those who could get access easily couldn't now,
and those who couldn't like me could gain access easily.
Hearing complaints after complaints "this hotel wifi SUCKS" and going into some pissy mood just cuz you can't instagram your shit or whatsapp your friends.
Well honey, I've been there done that so I would laugh in your faces all over again
if we were to travel to a third-world country.
Generally, I think everyone gets insecure when they lose their form of comfort in a foreign place.
Which is understandable, but not if you go on yapping about how there's no wifi.
It's true, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Man talking about this gets me so worked up.
Whenever I hear people talking about how they're gonna get some new phone, tablet, new shit,
that discussion's automatically tuned out.
Even now as my peripheral vision is observing my mom playing whatever Texas card game
on the left and my young bro's using the laptop on the right watching videos.
Oh hey my eldest sis just joined in with her tablet on the right.
I'm wondering what is up with life?
This wasn't supposed to turn into some major-rage post but hey man looks like it
escalated so I'm just going leave this here.
It's amusing because technology will be the death of us someday.
I can just imagine the apocalypse at our backs;
We know how to use these devices but we don't know how it works or where it comes from - how to deactivate certain systems or overwrite them.
Just visualise a few robotic inventions gone wrong and they're released by accident and run rampant breaking society's limbs and heads apart.
Such a disadvantage, to be slowly dying at the hands of a mere device.



Post a Comment