Flaws Alike;

Sometimes it feels like you're
walking on a tightrope, waiting to fall.

Had this conversation with Waylon on the eve of Christmas 
when the school decided to play a joke on us (the TSOs really) and close it for the occasion.
Don't blame them for the closing part, it's just that we both came to school for NAUGHT.

Oh well the topics discussed were pretty intriguing though.
It gave me something to part with as well as new things learnt. 
Which comes into relevance with social interaction.

It's incomprehensible how people can completely ignore the problems in everyday life,
or even the simplest of problems with themselves.
I think I might have mentioned something like this before.
It doesn't make sense as well, how people can either feel an overbearing sense of attachment to 
someone or suddenly feel a strong need to part from someone in order to breathe.
In everyday life now, the rich get richer; the poor get poorer.
Materialistic things are the latest 'happenings'.
Grades are prioritized above health.
People are basing their future on a mere sheet of paper - both academically and wealth wise.
It's always the reason why I believe there's an end to this world - drastically.

Everyone looks towards something as a form of distraction from their own obstacles.
So they don't have to think about it.
It could be the fact they're being lonely, getting over a heartbreak, wondering why they messed up a certain event, at odds with someone, currently lost with nowhere to turn to.
Just that, most deny themselves of these revelations.
Majority wouldn't even admit to their flaws, faults or troubles. 
While there are some that are in full awareness of their negative aspects, they won't have anyone
point it out to them. 
Either because of their ego or that they're trying to deal with it but have no idea how to do so.
I also believe that the latter don't seek help because 1. they either don't want to burden others 
or 2. they think they can handle it (ego again).

But for god's sake just FACE UP TO IT. 
Like maybe you're stubbornly headstrong, or bossy, or have low self-esteem, no confidence, refuse to listen to others, speak before thinking, in desperate need of attention and affection, etc.
Even if you don't know how, you're not going to ever get out of your shithole if you remain 
stuck to the same ground you're standing on right now.
Or when it's pointed out to them, nothing's done or it goes through deaf ears.
Sometimes, it just ticks me off.
Besides the reason being a victim of denial, it just pisses me off that people are doing the same thing.
If I already find myself doing these things very unattractive, to see others causing their own downfall is even worse.
I'd hate to see potential in people wash out just like that. 

I'm not saying you have to change yourself to fit people's expectations.
And it's not right that people have to accept you as you are completely when 
some part about you clearly is pissing people off.
There should be a consensus about this; working on flaws and working on patience and tolerance. 
That's all there is to it. 
All that stuff and quotes about "tell them to fuck themselves if people ask you to change yourself" or "people will come to you if they truly care about you" is utter bullshit sometimes.
Since, quotes like these have been influencing our minds and subconsciously influence the way we treat people even now.
Huge revelation if you realise don't you think? ;)

In a lighter aspect (non-violence and all), humans only get mad when their comfort zones and status are being threatened.
This bullshit about "I don't wanna talk about it" cuz it dampens your mood?
That's gonna kill you one day. 
What if the shit you're trying to keep under wraps appear in a physical form?
Has anyone ever thought that getting sick, shit happening to you in reality, fights with friends could be a sign that you need to do something about yourself as well?

In all simplicity, every single setback is always a lesson to teach us something.
Because we don't learn it by ourselves, we're forced to learn it the hard way.
Humans are lazy and lack initiative.
That's a sore fact. 

Well yeah, because ignoring and shutting out everything's better than facing it head on.
It's definitely hard.
And people forget that time is indefinite.
While I admit with society as it is, time passes faster than anyone could blink.
There's simply no room to fall - because if you were to fall you'd have to use twice as fast the time 
to get back on track.
For a basic reason: 
Time waits for no one. 

Sometimes I think one needs to understand this harsh truth.

No one's there to pick you up, because everyone's busy trying to tidy up their own lives.

It's not that people are selfish (half probably are though).

But rather, before helping others, one has to help itself. 

Thursday, December 26, 2013

2 responses to Flaws Alike;

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hey! I love reading your blog! You should update regularly you know. I'm sure you've got so many interesting stories! :D

  2. MARIAM says:

    Thank you I appreciate that people read my blog and understand what I'm trying to say. :))

Blog Archive