Perhaps it's fate that led me to watch this film.
Since I chanced on it by accident.
The moment it began I knew it was something that would blow me away.
While it isn't a spectacular movie with all the cool-ass cinematography shots,
it's somewhere along the lines of Perks of a Wallflower, Wild Child, Beastly, and more.
Those kinda slice of life films.
It's like you suddenly found a character that could at least depict some of
your problems in life.
Maybe not all, but the fact that some of them are shown on screen is already amazing.
Craig is not exactly suicidal, he's just running away from his problems.
What he learns in the hospital is that his problems aren't as big as he thinks they are.
There are many others with bigger issues, living on the same ground as him.
He learns of their lives, discovers his talents and kinda mans up a little bit.
Basically, he learns that maybe it isn't so bad.
There's things worth breathing for.
If you're not busy being born, you're busy dying.
The script is wonderful man throughout the entire movie I was really focused on it.
My favourite quotes:
- Craig: Sometimes I wish I had an easy answer for why I'm depressed. That my father beat me, or I was sexually abused. But, my problems are less... dramatic than that.
Dr. Eden Minerva: "What would happen if you didn't get in?"
Craig [narrating over a montage of his imagined future]: "Then I wouldn't be able to put it on my college application, which means I wouldn't get into a good college. If I didn't get into a good college, I wouldn't have a good job. Which means I wouldn't be able to afford a good lifestyle. So I wouldn't be able to find a girlfriend, which means I'd probably get depressed, and I'd end up like Muqtada in a place like this for the rest of my life. So... what would happen if I didn't get in?"
Craig [talking to the doctor]: "I don't know. It's hard to explain."
Craig: Take my dad. I just saw him today, like... and he knows I'm here 'cause I'm stressed out, but he still brings up the Gates application. It's, like, "Get a clue, Dad. There's something bigger going on here."
Dr. Eden Minerva: And what's that?
Craig: I don't know. But it feels big.
It's kind of a funny story how it's so relatable.
Post a Comment