Scene Adapt with my crew (inc. Jaya) and cast!
but man still gotta add it to this blog.
It was so surreal, having a damn good group and cast and helpers to make this a success.
You just cannot believe that this happened.
Like after so long it has occurred and you're done with it.
A few days ago, a few weeks ago, or rather almost a month back the worries that haunted me
day and night were almost too much to take.
I was in constant fear and anxiety, for I feared failing so badly at it.
For I feared to go through with it, for fear of disappointing people.
Since I'd never done this before so people's expectations get a little bit shaky.
Thinking back, I feel so blessed to have these people all in my team.
Lynette, Waylon, Jiayi, even Jaya and Junior, the casts - Alvin and Rachel, and even Joshua and the family.
Before this, I was struggling with what's about to come.
Somehow the lighting and set-up were definitely gonna be a problem and it didn't seem half done.
Or maybe the emotions could not be brought out, things like that.
Cast may portray the wrong feelings, or we could overrun so badly.
I was situated behind a counter at the kitchen area trying to memorise all the shots
and camera placements, trying to calm myself down while the rest were at work with the set-up.
Lynette losing her wallet brought my spirit down a little cuz that make me afraid that
this night was going to be a let down.
However when we found it, that lifted some hope.
The deciding factor was when Rachel came out in my dress and the white belt we'd gotten for the character.
That was unbelievably it, that perhaps, this shoot may be a success.
Don't get me wrong, I'm undoubtedly and extremely insecure.
This was a big thing, and I believe my vibes of stress and worry could be felt by
my group members and others as well for as long as I could remember.
When it finally happened - like the moment shooting actually began and I'd directed the first shot, it just breezed past like that.
I was inadvertently very focused on the emotions being played out and I wouldn't notice the minor details like sound in the background.
Things like words written on the slate, I'd only noticed them after at least half the shoot has been finished.
Although the energy died down at the last bit, it was still alright overall.
The feel was right, the atmosphere was Christmas-y and I liked it.
Just feels like half the release right now, which is a very big thing to me.
Now that the shoot is over, the only other worry is editing.
With some worries, I hope that will not pull this down.
That's another big obstacle to overcome.
But in spirit of the shoot ending,
I feel happy. I may have found my style.
This means a lot to me man.
Especially when I found out someone wrote POWER
beside my name (read the word in a melayu style),
it's really a great encouragement.
It's like telling me I can, for once believe in myself.



Post a Comment