Hacking My Life.

We're so restricted it's so ridiculous.

Actually kinda sleepy at this hour for the first time in a long while.
Even though I could postpone this post but there's a strong (enough) need to share this with y'all.
Basically this video's about a young kid, probably 10 years of age going on stage and talking about how 
getting pulled out of traditional education has helped him to grow up as a person.
By traditional education, I'm referring to the -noquestionsasked- kinda of teaching we get in school.
We learn math, science, english, second language, social studies, history, literature, geography so on and so forth. 
While he does learn about the same thing, he actually learns more through problem-solving and coming up with solutions.
Like for god's sake, I feel brainwashed - in the sense that we spend 10 years of our lives learning about
the "major subjects" to not only:
1. Toss them aside if we're not in a tertiary course related to it or 
2. Completely forgetting how to solve problems within the subjects.

It amazes me till no extent whenever people from overseas over in the U.S and all can remember 
history better than we can these days.
They might already be in their twenties or so, but I believe that most of them would at least recall history better than we do.
And the saddest part is, there are other similar systems out there that restrict the development of a child.
Like hey "you can't do this, you can't do that" without actually explaining why you can't and what you should do instead.
And that's what civics and moral education as well as those inter-school disciplinary studies and whatsoever are for right?
Well yeah, some modules like social psychology definitely teaches us the different types of social behaviour with people and the stuff about conformity, but it stops there.
Why?
Because we don't really get hands-on learning. 
We don't have a lot of experiments for us to realise it on our own. 
Much of what we learn in general goes by the book. Follows the rules. 
If there's a new syllabus, then hey we'll memorise the new syllabus.
That's all there is to that. 
No questions asked, just do as we're told.

Why do we need to learn math or physics? Cuz we need it in the future?
How do we know when we'd need it in the future?
Why don't we have self-defense classes regularly to teach us how to defend ourselves?
Where are the classes to teach the importance of health be it physical and mental?
Why do FSV students generally come up with more messed up scenarios than happy endings?
I think we should be asking more thought-provoking questions instead of keeping quiet too. 

At times, I feel the need to re-read my entire history and pure biology textbook 
because I've completely forgotten about them and that makes me extremely insecure because
knowledge is useful - like how many ventricles is there in a heart? 
I can't even remember now.
Or what photosynthesis is? What occurs in a kidney dialysis process?
Perhaps the process that explains how we feel hot and cold?
What is the chemical element of Gold? How many neutrons are there in an atom? 
That's just my anxiety talking to me; I don't know about you.

Believe me, I have forgotten about EVERYTHING.
Well for one thing my brain has to make way for everything else learnt.
You know, it just disappoints me that I can't possibly remember everything in my lifetime.
It's gotten to a point where I just wanna get my shit togeth - I mean it's come to a point
where I can only vague remember what happened in the past and keep living now and now.
Once the day is over, 70% of what has occurred in the last 24 hours is completely wiped out.

A CLEAN SLATE.

Okay I have um drifted but anyways point of this?

Hacking your life seems interesting don't you think?

You don't have to be worn down by the education system you're in;
there are still other ways to do develop as a person. 



I'm gonna try to hack my own life, sooner or later.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Blog Archive