So sleepy.
It's not even the holidays but I feel bored already.
There's this sense of melancholy/dullness as I walked alone around Bugis earlier on,
as well as the day before.
Although I can still blame it on the lack of sleep which I haven't fully paid the debt for :(
I should really catch up on sleep man.
I gotta start planning on what to do during the holidays.
Suddenly, a job doesn't seem that urgent.
It's just (very) necessary in order to earn money to 1. Pay for any shit in school as well as food,
and 2. The pay allows you to go after your 'happiness', although technically if your happiness/bucket list doesn't need money to fulfill then all is well.
Absolutely going to get lost in Singapore at least once during the break.
Y'know how everyone goes like, "Singapore is so small", "Takes so long just to get from here to another place" and stuff?
Personally I think if you want to make that statement, you should have already walked every
kilometre, centimeter, scrap and corner of this country.
Because, if people don't even know what lies on the other end of Singapore, led alone (see me typing this with my eyes closed too sleepy to correct them) the central, and south areas then it'll be inaccurate to be judging the country when you haven't actually been to everywhere.
And it sucks that we've conformed to believe that time moves much faster in Singapore.
Have thought about it for a long time and I simply can't comprehend it.
In other countries, it takes between 2-6 hours travelling there.
_________________________________________________________________________________
22 Feb, 2.08 pm
Too lazy to start a new post so I'm just going to continue here.
Anyways, I was saying that in other countries it takes about 2-6 hours travelling around.
Maybe 1 if you're lucky.
But here, majority of us complain about the duration needed to get anywhere and everywhere.
It really does suck that we're brainwashed into thinking that time moves much faster here.
Because in reality, time is infinite.
You can make time how you want it to be; you just gotta see from a wider perspective.
In this world, we're made to believe time is a number.
We're following the work of some childish person (probably not in the B.C or something) who perceives time is definite and split it up into 1 year, 12 months, 365 days, 8760 hours, 525600 minutes
and 31,536, 000 seconds.
It's pitiful that we're all racing against a number.
Just like we're all racing to get the most amount of "paper" in order to achieve what is defined as
"happiness" if we collect a lot of "paper".
Damn ridiculous really.

Post a Comment