41A ;

Wow this is beautiful.

Planned to head over to the library to start on all my pending Myanmar posts (yes finally)
but they were disrupted by a last minute plan.
Jaya asked me to help him out with his and Mike's shoot today; 
cuz apparently 'everyone' is busy (which means obviously he wouldn't have called me lol).
The first word I thought of was "NO" because what with this whole sem's drama,
I didn't feel like interacting with him.
That and the fact that I've been spending the last 3 days walking and walking 
(okay maybe yesterday was sitting) so pretty much in need of some personal time alone.
But obviously some part of me said something along the lines of 'just go help him lah' 
so well, the opposite happened.

Headed to SGH to collect equipment from the Patients Relations Centre.

I KNOW IT'S SUCH A WEIRD PLACE TO BE COLLECTING EQUIPMENT RIGHT?!
Apparently Mike had a job there and probably borrowed equipment from there. Maybe.
So I cut my hand in the process of trying to fold a spoilt reflector - if the equipment belongs to the
hospital I would be so disappointed in their lack of good equipment AND plasters in the office.
Cabbed over to the shooting place in Chinatown.

Now apparently there I realised that Jaya and Mike were shooting for some good story 

competition of some sort. 
They were focusing on the LGBT community and approached this organisation called Oogachaga,
which does various events to raise awareness about the LGBTs.
I was slightly taken aback because I didn't know what I was helping for until they said it was a documentary.
Anyways the organisation provides counselling for LGBT as well as conduct workshops to raise 
sexual awareness for men; 
apparently men have a higher risk of getting aids, which is something new :O
So adding that fact with same-gender sex, the risks would be higher indeed.
p.s Syasya you might be interested in this :3 

The best part of this whole shoot is that half the crew is a LGBT so hey hey hey pick somebodeh :B

Ysabel arrived shortly after I did and we helped out as crew and all.
One of the amusing things that happened was that I noticed that Mike and I spotted the same hairdo
- hair tied back completely
After Bart took a picture of my hair from the back and said it resembled Mike, I've been noticing that 
MY HAIRSTYLE REALLY RESEMBLES HIS OTL

He told me it was karma for the Filmmaking Exercise
when the duo decided that I had to act as a lesbian to reenact the counselling
scene with Bryan, the executive director.

Such a bitch this Jaya

The Japanese director of Element Magazine! :)

The shoot ended around 5 pm after we lim kopi-ed with the organisation's executive director
who is gay, and the boss of Element Magazine - a Japanese gay dude.
Meeting the head of the magazine (which actually caters to the LGBT community as well) brought 
something to surface. 

Ysabel and I left first since we technically had nothing much to do.

I wanted to visit the lomography store at Chinatown (thank you vienna) to get more film, and she 
tagged along since she had nothing to do.
It was a conflict trying to decide which film to buy OTL
For one, there was a 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' for the normal film that cost $13.90 each box.
BUT, the expired films were REALLY REALLY TEMPTING TO GET because the results were
really unpredictable and I love surprises and going with the flow;
since every action made in my life so far has been unplanned so it kinda matches y'know?
However, it was definitely more worth it to get the normal one so we shared the cost.
Then I realised that each box had 3 film rolls each and after splitting them with Ysa, 
she got four rolls while I had five.
WHICH MEANT THAT THERE WAS ENOUGH NORMAL FILM TO LAST FOR A YEAR.
So now I'm itching to get the ones with the unpredictable, -most likely pretentious effects- film rolls
BUT I'M BROKE AS FUCK HOW NOW BROWN COW?!

Sigh.


It's expensive living in this country. :(




Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One response to 41A ;

  1. Shaik Syasya says:

    HAHA YES IT'S QUITE INTERESTING.

Blog Archive