Maybe that's why babies can see everything;
because they're still the innocent souls.
Had an 'official' socialising event after what felt like a long time
(though it's only been a week) last night.
And the lucky winner is none other than Syasya!
It was a great night with her.
At first there was no plan to watch any movie but since she wanted to watch
The Awkward Moment, I just went along with it + haven't watched a movie in a long while.
(cuz I have no movie preferences ok maybe I do but didn't take a look at the latest movies)
The movie was meh, most likely because it's those romantic/"slice of life" thingys
that I don't usually watch.
But what made me stay focused to this film was that the emotions that the characters,
the character change and what they were going through was made pretty clear.
The feelings were rather relatable in the sense that you could understand why they did it
as if you were really in their shoes.
I can relate to Jason.
Had a long, deep conversation with Syasya after the movie.
(unknowingly it lasted for almost 2 hours wow)
It was great, having that mutual, truthful sharing and hearing her thoughts and opinions
on certain matters as well as just basically her personal stuff.
Just letting my thoughts and words run free, it felt good.
The conversation led me to think about various things.
For one, it's disappointing to say but friendship these days seems to be rather fragile.
It still puzzles me as to why non-intimate relationships formed in
secondary and tertiary institutions differ to a great extent.
You'd realise that most people still keep in contact with a few number of secondary school friends. (which is good because that should be the case lol)
Because that's where the comfort lies in.
Tertiary friendships, truth be told is rather shallow.
Sure, there would definitely be a handful of friends you'd cherish.
But people are hypocritical;
there's only a certain limit you could go without judging others.
I mentioned it before that being a saint doesn't do you good because eventually you would
still get critically 'evaluated' by others even if you keep an open mind and heart.
As much as you try hard not to let your judgement of people be stained and treat them with some decency, courtesy and respect in order not to hurt their feelings or make fun of them,
things won't necessarily work the way you want it.
One will still be judged upon, be the talk of the crowd, gossiped about, and after a long time, it goes back to being 'oh friend I miss you let's hang out someday!'
As if those hypocritical conversations never happened.
"Treat others the way you want to be treated."
It's sad to find out that such an important principle is nearing its extinction in this generation.
We cannot survive knowing there's no one below our societal 'rank' and 'position'.
In our individual worlds, we have to be supreme and look down on others.
And with technology, it speeds up the death of mother nature and Earth itself
so good luck everyone we're all gonna die much faster now.
I can see that in the next 5 years, if nothing is done about this twisted society with the big egos, we may well be damned because I sure would not like to live in this environment.
I'd rather live in the remote mountains peacefully without the need to live up to any societal expectations; without the temptation of talking behind people's backs;
without the worries of insecurities and weaknesses.
Although, it's rather amusing since we should all be damned for committing the most common sin of the
Seven Deadly Sins.
Now what's that called again?
Well, it's called Pride.
p.s. took such a long time to type this because I was sleepy as hell urgh I think I'm writing bullshit now funny how I always churn out weird philosophical deep shit whenever my eyes are closing for the night but oh well what's said is said and what's lost is lost y'know been sleeping so early so this is quite lateeeee

Post a Comment