MINGALABA MYANMAR - Day 01

I can't believe it took more than 7 months just to get me to write about Myanmar;
yet alone 1 whole month during the holidays to get my ass off AND WRITE ABOUT 
A TRIP THAT OCCURRED LAST YEAR.
Wow shit this is going to be difficult to write.
Procrastination at its best and even though I'm still really lazy, I shall just get a move on!

And yes, Mariam is finally blogging about Myanmar. -all hell breaks loose-

Here we go. 

p.s I couldn't insert a jump break (even though the button's available) so that's a whole long post to read if you're ready for it. OTL



22 September 2013


Reached the airport in time and had breakfast with my parents, aunt, as well as Reuben 

cuz I felt bad to see him being all alone and stuff + my parents and aunt are really friendly people so :/
It was an interesting breakfast considering the fact that he introduced Herbal Life to my kinda plump momma and aunt so while he was talking about it my eyes went like: -__-
But the funny thing is their impression of Reuben; they thought he was gay. :3

Parted with the few of my family members and I headed in with Teri.
We were both really excited (and scared too) and we separated ways on the plane.


Heheh

Shit this got me all excited -rolls around-


This might seem like a normal selfie, but LOOK closely.
Funny thing how there was sum foreshadow in this,
cuz I never knew of Waylon's existence then shit LOL.




I was lucky to have the window seat so the view's pretty beautiful :)

The meal was pretty...meh.

Watched Monsters University for the entire duration!

We finally touched down afterwards. 
Most of us were pretty taken aback by the whole Myanmar scene; the airport had a weird scent to it and
from the moment you arrive, you can tell it's not as developed as of yet.
To be honest, at that point of time I felt rather fearful because of the language barrier and people looked
at you weirdly and would ask you to get on their buses or taxis.
We boarded a coach and was introduced to this tour guide called Thomas.
After some time, we arrived Yangon, reached the hotel, checked in our shit, headed for lunch.

NOW LUNCH was an eye-opening experience.
Everything was oily; and there were lobsters can you believe it?! apparently they tasted good for Reuben and Teri I think? 
It was a rather new culture for all of us.

The four of us in the guys' room during free time

After some relaxation time at the hotel, we left for Mahabandoola Park at 1630 Myanmar time.
I took some really, really ugly photos in this park but meh just gonna show it for memory's sake.

If I'm not wrong this should be a replica of the real piece.
Halfway through, I realised the tripod I brought was actually too short so
THAT SUCKED :(


Myanmar has this strong upholding rule that requires visitors to take off 
all footwear whenever they were to visit a holy place.
While it's actually rather discomforting, we all sort of had to get used to it.


 I think getting this weird wide angle lens converter was a big mistake but
I realised that it gives a nice edge to it like heh really pretentious shit :3

 Look at my effort in trying to take naise pictures of nature but failing miserably :/

Teri and I found some English-speaking residents in Yangon!
They were Burmese-Indian; pretty cool actually.


Still cool effect right here.

It was kinda evening by then, so we made our way to the renowned Shwedagon Pagoda.
Before I continue, I believe this was probably the reason of enlightenment and perhaps change in everyone who has returned from the trip.
(no seriously, I'm not joking LOL - contradictory word but STILL)
It was probably the visit of the Shwedagon Pagoda and Myanmar itself that brought about a whirl of change in my life, breaking down my entire system including the stronghold defense and all.
Which is both good and bad, but change is always necessary right??
Alright pictures!

It's an amazing place of religion.
You can feel the holy/'cleanliness' brimming.


I think that's Mr Felix <.<

It's only evening but it's already so dark

Hard at work

I love how there was a lot of lens flare and stuff it's just so..brilliant.

At some hidden corner of the pagoda

 I like taking pictures like these, where the emotion is raw.
Having candid photos is so much better when you can portray the
beauty of human nature.


Credits to Teri! 
I'll probably be posting a lot of pictures from her (cuz she took a lot) so heh. :)

Such expressions captured by the one and only talented Jeshua.

I think by now it should be obvious that Teri's my partner/roommate
 so we went around together.
Now we actually met a tour guide that brought us to the side of the pagoda and showedus this magnificent view encompassing the entire layout.
BUT HE WAS CREEPY AND HE COULDN'T TAKE PROPER FOCUSED PICTURES
FOR NUTS SO SOME OF THE PICTURES COULDN'T BE SHOWN !@#$%^&*
And it turned out he was actually those 'guides' who ask for tips cuz they know
we're foreigners and all. Ayes.

We set off for dinner about an hour and a half later. 
I think Teri, Becca, Junior, Bart, Reuben and I sat together for some prata. 
It was squeezy, but the wait for the prata was alright.
Oily as usual, but no complains cuz it was an interesting dish hehes. 

After that, we went to the 'Chinatown' of Yangon and got some supplies...of FOOD.
Returned to the hotel, settled our stuffs, headed to Daniel's room and finally slept 
in Amanda's room.


ANOTHER FORESHADOWING IMAGE.
I can't believe I didn't even realise this until I found out during the trip -.-
How matchy matchy these two couples were :/
Wellllllllll :3

- End of Day 1 -

Wow this took half my energy away stay tuned for the next post (if I ever get round to writing again) hehe

Thursday, March 27, 2014

3 responses to MINGALABA MYANMAR - Day 01

  1. Jacq says:

    that last photo though ):

  2. Unknown says:

    I DID NOT MEAN TO MATCHY MATCHY I SWEAR!

  3. MARIAM says:

    OH MAN I'M SO SORRY I FORGOT WE WERE IN YOUR ROOM I THOUGHT THAT WAS JACQ FOR A SECOND OTL

Blog Archive