MINGALABA MYANMAR - Day 03

Well it's written down that we had to wake up around 5 am+ and boarded the bus an hour or two later.
We set off for Bagan, which is around a 10 hour drive (if i remember correctly)!

Got a sneak shot of the two drunkards behind who were knocked out during the drive cuz they had too much to drink (still don't understand how one gets drunk overseas lol o.o)


That's the pillow inspired by Jeshua

We kinda stopped halfway for a toilet break.
AT THAT POINT IN TIME came our first obstacle - the washroom. 
For one, I believe we all didn't really know what to expect of toilets in the middle of nowhere (literally) so when we all got our first toilet break after a few hours, I must say...
It was kinda daunting.
The toilet water's of a different colour and the tap as well as technically you can't really wash your hands with them.
Okay but that toilet was ok. IT WAS OK LIKE IT WAS MUCH BETTER THAN THE LATER ONES.

I can't recall if this stop was the same one that we paused at a midpoint with buffalos
but I'll just let the pictures do the talking :)
 My spectacles really do no justice for my eyes.
It was sucha hot day back then you can barely open your eyes because it's THAT bright.

A little selfie on the way


So apparently Mr. William translated the words of this woman for us and she said that we all looked very pretty and handsome and that she was embarrassed to show her face to us. 
It was kinda touching but I think she's beautiful too as a person!!!
Well it's definitely worth much more when the person herself doesn't know it :)


I swear this looks so promotional-ish


One of the lucky moments without a crazy, speeding vehicle threatening
to run all of us over.




What do you do when you see a buffalo for the first time?
You take a picture.

Eventually, we stopped for lunch.
The menu's pretty much the same everywhere.
EVERYWHERE.
I got bored, so meanwhile I was wondering what this room meant you know?
Since it's the 'Special Room' ;))

AND THEY EVEN CHARGE YOU FOR IT
Okay no shit but still ~.~


When it neared sunset, we stopped by in the middle of some sort of road which isn't really a road,
considering that there was a very tiny stream (ok not really considering it got some of our legs quite wet and muddy).
IT WAS KINDA DANGEROUS THOUGH CUZ HALFWAY THE SAND WOULD JUST FALL AWAY AND FLOW 
SO IF YOU'RE STEPPING ON THAT PART OF THE GROUND AND IT BUCKLES UNDERNEATH 
GOOD LUCK to your clothes :/




No really, their driving's really reckless OTL

 Amazing sunsets

Anddddd we reached Bagan after the 10 hour drive.
But no, we did not check into the hotel, we did not have dinner, we did not have any break.
Instead, we went pagoda hunting since it was sort of the 'golden hour' period.

I think someone said to be careful of snakes here :O


Even though there's so many pagodas like the ones above, 
each and every one of them holds a different deity.
Or so I believe.


I love how the sky is a mix of different colours and even though this photo should suck,
it's actually quite nice to see a silhouette of the pagodas instead :)

Finally, we settled in for dinner!
As usual, the restaurant claims to have WiFi but to most of our disappointment, it didn't really work.



Dinner is served!
I forgot to mention: most of our meals actually look like the picture below v
Basically, we're sorta charged by table and we get a basic set of dishes (there's plenty of them) and some restaurants have it buffet style so it'll be the same price no matter how many bowls of the dish that you actually order.
And because they serve rice all the time, by the time you finish one set you're actually kinda halfway to three quarters full. 
The sad part is that we're not accustomed to some of the dishes there, so there's certain ones that WE ALWAYS AVOID whenever we have this.



And that was the place where I got my first mosquito bite.
3 days into the trip and I thought I was bite-free BUT NOOOOOOOOOO shit happens.
Okay back to the topic at hand, buttered corn cost 3000 MMK and it's pretty tasty too.


Thank you for the meal!

This time the hotel was called Floral Breeze I think? 
A few of us actually did some sets after we checked into the hotel at Junior and Bart's room.
Not having exercised since that first blow, I died at that point of time.



This wasn't that painful actually but it does train your abs!!

The lot of us camped in Kevin and Daniel's room afterwards where Junior, Bart, Teri and I ganged up to disturb Kevin.
Okay technically I was the photographer SO HEH
Well the trio bullied him pretty badly until he left to find Jacq but he came back because there wasn't any response so maybe she slept!


Awwww


I really like this picture!!!!
Probably because they were really having fun and seeing people
have fun makes me happy too :))

Well hello there little finger

The hotel room in hotel breeze was just alright.
I didn't get much sleep that night though.


- End of Day 03 -

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

One response to MINGALABA MYANMAR - Day 03

  1. Unknown says:

    THAT FIRST PICTURE

Blog Archive