MINGALABA MYANMAR - Day 08

Well it's officially been a year since the Myanmar trip.
Which, also proves how lazy I can get OTL

I think the reason why I take so long to blog all of these is because of various reasons.

1. There's a lot of photos to sieve through - the ones that are flagged and already edited cuz they make really nice ones, and there're the lapsap ones that pass that I'll still have to edit cuz they help to show what's in Myanmar better.
2. Then there's the little diary journal that I kept during the entire trip so I'd have to synchronise the days with the photos so that's another hassle.
3. Myanmar had a bunch of not so good memories filled with a lot of experiential ones so while blogging about it, you'll just remember it. Guess now it doesn't really matter because I'm beginning to forget little tiny details, but that doesn't mean it's not there or anything.
4. I take a really long time to type everything finish. It could take a few hours just for one post so that tires me out a lot :/

Let's continue with Day 08!

Day 08, 29 Sep 2013

Woke up at around 6.15 am, bathed and had breakfast.



Such an unappetizing looking breakfast.

But if you must know,
during the entire duration of the trip to Myanmar,
I ate 2x of what I'd normally eat during breakfast back at home.
I forgot why but I think it's because I was afraid of getting hungry 
(if we're gettin on the bus), and cuz it was free LOL.
And good enough.
I LOST WEIGHT IN THAT TRIP ANYWAYS DAMN


We got on the bus to the jetty and took a ferry to Mingun Village.
I remember feeling kinda unwell on that boat cuz the sun was blazing down.
It wasn't a nice warm feeling, but rather the kind that would get you a fever.



However, it was still kinda peaceful hehes,
to be sitting on the lower deck of the boat and just enjoying the breeze
in the shade.

We got to the little village and took some pictures at some ancient structure with cracks.
Forgive me because I can't remember what that structure was actually for, 
but I know the cracks have been there for years.

MONKTOGRAPHY AGAIN

Actually by this time, all of us were pretty sick and tired of monktography.
Too much monktography for one trip man, seriously.

He's so adorableeeeeeeee
But he beat up a sad dog.
I'll never forget that.


Ah, this reminds me of the part where everyone scrambled to take
pictures of the monk.
I think it got to the point where it had to be done in batches,
so that it'll be easier.

But of course it soon grew boring cuz people started to wander around the village.



Before we headed towards the structure!


Poor skinny dog T.T
I don't know why they don't feed them so regularly ayes.



I MEAN, you could even see her tears T.T

Sometimes it makes me wonder though, 
why can't humans love each other the way dogs love humans?
It's so unconditional.
Why's it that our thoughts and feelings make everything so complicated?
Such food for thought at 2 am.
I'm hungry too.

Eventually, a few of us wandered off.

If I remember correctly, it was me, Becca, Belle...
and maybe Jacq?
I can't recall it too well.
AND THEN WE SAW THEM PUPPIES.
THEM PUPPIES!!!!
Oh but we were actually looking for the others who disappeared,
like Amanda and Teri.

Ah, the above, such good memories of my elbows getting scraped
from doing planks and such cheerful expression before everything went awry.
SUCH BLISS :')
(it's nostalgic even though I actually don't mind the present now either,
after overcoming so much throughout the entire year after that trip)


IF ONE IS NOT ENOUGH, TAKE THEM ALL.

Ok. Puppies are fine.
As for dogs...hmmm maybe only a select few are really cute.
With that I have realised my fondness for pugs omg 
ASDFGHJKL



Mr Felix with da puppyyyyy


Y'know, I think people like him are really good at heart.

You can tell his love for these puppies, 
or even just the happiness in holding them.
I guess having his own dogs at home really helps but
I don't know how to put it, you can just see the love for them in his eyes.
And how they make him happy.





I hope they've grown up well.

If my memory doesn't fail me.
The few of us, Jacq, Belle and Becca went to shop around the front of the village.
It was really a blast because we were bargaining like crazy,
and in the end we got 3 bags for 8000 kyats and a PRESENT.
No, literally, it was a present this time for free HAHA.
We got to choose necklaces I think! Hehes I'm happy.
I also got shorts for my bro, and some necklaces and other stuff like two pretty longyi :))




Ah, this was the time when Teri said she got eyed by a pervert.
I think the guy might have though she was Burmese or something O.O
Then again, maybe not.


More selfiesssss

Now that I think of it, people must have thought
that the things we were doing like taking selfies were rather odd
and strange huh?
I mean they probably wouldn't understand what we were doing and stuff.



Thanks Sha for the fisheye-selfies man they were fun hurhur :3


And so we tried it on while on the ferry back!
SO DAMN MATCHY MATCHY HEHES

We took the ferry back and got lunch.
I think lunch was this:


I forgot what this was, but a bunch of us shared it.
Wasn't too bad.

Actually, I can't remember when I took this lol.

ON THE WAY TO SEE SUM CLAYMAKING.
It's kinda sad, since they're all really dirty and stuff,
and they're scrambling to eat the food.

They could've been really cute.


Honestly, this one didn't really interest me.

The clay-making thing I mean.
While it was fascinating that they could do stunts like these,
and shape clay into these beautiful pots, 
just somehow I wasn't really interested.
But it's still really nice though.


However, now that I look at it,
I love the expression on their faces.

Happiness and just a tinge of embarrassment perhaps?


GAH I LOVE THESE BABIES.

Omg I love this picture a lot.

It's one of my best few ones, but I love how it tells a really cute story.
It's like they're all saying: 
"Ssh, don't tell Mummy that the foreigners gave us a lot of sweets!!"
or
"There's this foreigner boy who spilled our bucket of pee (or water),
see? That's him"
And yeah, Daniel spilled a bucket of water (I think).
It was either water or pee. 
But it spilled on quiteeeeeee a few of us and then we started blaming him hurhur


Such love.
It's really nice.

You don't really get love like this in first-world countries though.
It's rare to see it nowadays.




Becca and I smiled at these boys on the way to the bus.
They're really adorable!

We took a bus to the bridge to catch the sunset.

While on the way to get on the little U Bein bridge!


There are so many kids around man really.



These were beautiful handicrafts, 
but the fact that they're made out of watermelon seeds kinda strikes me.
I think I'm just not used to the culture perhaps.
But they're really pretty :O



THIS DOG IS SO CUTE IT'S LIKE JUST LAZING AROUND WATCHING PEOPLE


It has really sad eyes though 
ARGH WHY DO ALL BURMESE DOGS HAVE SAD EYES?!
Even though it looks like it's well fed... :/

Anyways, we all (or at least most of us) got on boats in groups.
The point on getting on a boat was really to get shots of the sunsets.
But also to light up the crackers that Mr William and his helper or smth got for us :O
Got onto a boat with Syadza and Waylon!


I don't know about you, 
but when I look at this.
It makes me feel as if the sun is still gazing down on me.
The sight feels intense, but it feels infinite too.


WELL AT FIRST I WAS WONDERING
WHY I BOUGHT A SHIT LENS ADAPTOR
But then when it came out like this, I thought to myself:
"Hey this isn't so bad"
since it actually sticks out from the rest of the photos 
with a distortion.
But hey, the distortion is kinda nice too don't you think?


Well at that point in time, we didn't know that a storm was brewing.
Literally.

I think the sun had set by that time kinda?

Shoot I was looking for a picture of the three of us on the boat but
apparently the person who uploaded it has either taken it down or I'm completely blind OTL
Not sure if I've downloaded it as well DAMN

Oh well shall upload others!!!

Actually I'm too lazy to post them in chronological order so here's bits of the U Bein Bridge


This Thomas T.T 

It's actually kindaaaaa niceeeee

Oh so it came to the lighting the cracker up, then Mr. Felix helped us to light the first one
at the expense of burning his back cuz I think there was another cracker that fired from
another boat so it burnt his back HURHUR


HOW COOL IS THAT?

Actually it's not crazy cool but still fun.

HOLDING THIS WAS FUN IT FELT LIKE A
'EXPELLIARMUS' SPELL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

But wait no this should've been Expecto Patronum.
Heck I don't even know.

But it sure felt good hehes it felt like fart coming out from the stick
but it was a pretty sighttttt :))


POV

From the other boat! 

Okay no wait the sun officially set by this time.


Ah this is another nice picture hehs.

NOW THIS IS WHEN SHIT GOT REALLLY REAL.

We got off the boat and quickly headed towards the bus cuz a shitstorm was coming.
And in the end Belle and I think it was Caleb was it?
They took a while to come back.
I was kinda worried since you could hear the rain and you couldn't see shit at all
but they came back safely thank goodness.

The bus brought us to some Supermart and I bought biscuits to eat!
Then after that, we went for dinner at some Western food restaurant.
The food wasn't crazy nice though. :/

Daniel sleeping on Amanda's lap on the way to dinner.


Bart tryna be all cool and shit

BACK WHEN MY PHONE WAS STILL INTACT. T^T

This was the shit man Jacq and I were just having fun drinking this.
Was it Jacq? It was right o.o
But this was much much stronger than I expected since back at home,
the alcohol's always diluted and priced much higher.
SO GO BURMESE PRICES!

Reuben made a huge mistake in trying my Strawberry Daiquiri (the one above)
and then deciding that he wanted one too.
Wrong move, cuz he got prettttttty drunk on that.

Meanwhile, we got on the bus and went back to the hotel. 
I stayed for a while at the bar to drink some Bailey's since it was CHEAPER
than in Singapore hehes.

Hmmm but sadly now that I actually own a bottle of it,
I don't really drink it at home :/



Well what I could remember for the night was that Jacq was high,
Reuben was wasted drunk and slept in his room.
I think Jeshua spent some time taking care of him (hehes sorry).
That night was one of the first few rare nights I actually ventured into other hotel rooms.
I went to Daniel's room I think, or was it Jeshua?
Cuz I needed my memory card or harddisk back (can't rmb for shit),
and Teri stayed in the room.

But I can say that I had balls of fun learning Bridge from Mr. Felix and Jeshua
that night.
We played card games and I'll never forget how difficult Bridge actually is -.-
I don't ever regret coming out of the hotel room.

I went back to my room pretty late with Teri.
I think Kevin, Daniel and Jeshua came over, then Jacq and Amanda came over.

Bart came over to our room afterwards, saying he had a bad dream.
I accompanied him to his room and took his keys and specs.
When we came back, we all went to sleep.
Bart was pretty insecure and shit man.
The television suddenly switched on, and then the people freaked out.
It kinda annoyed me cuz can everybody calm down for a second lol it was actually
someone pressing on the remote.
Well it's a pretty small petty thing so I shan't mention it here.
If you're curious, just ask me personally.

Eventually, they slept and then it was down to me and Amanda.
Then the hotel had a blackout and the two of us went out.
We met Becca and Junior on the way out (the night of their Life Of Pi with Reuben I suppose)
then we all sat at the hotel lobby with Jacq, Daniel.

We spent about 40 minutes in the lobby and went back to sleep around 4.30 am.
Whereas for Jacq, dan and Jeshua, they caught the sunrise.

It was still a nice day at U Bein Bridge. :)



Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog Archive