Jo's birthday celebration at Dempsey Hill!
So week one has been a blast.
To some, it's probably been a bit of a stab in the self-esteem area,
to others, it may have opened the entrance to the competitive-getfirstordiefirst streak,
and to majority of us, it should have made us realised the jump in "challenge" level between Year 2 and Year 3.
Pretty much to say, we're in a pinch.
Apart from all the assignments and projects, (just exclude all the homeworks and shit),
the first week has been pretty much of a blast.
The aircon compressor linking to Levels 7, 8 and 9 blew right on the first day of school
so we had to constantly shift between classes.
It does kind of make me feel a little disappointed for the juniors because they won't get to enjoy the cool air,
especially in this 35 deg heat right now.
Asian Cinema was relatively kind of draggy (as what Dylan said first weeks would all be) but it was alright.
Producing lesson was kinda quiet and our producing lecturer probably felt a bit thrown off because we're all not answering him HAHA.
But we watched the same videos; the ones with the spider (goddamn that boyfriend, really)
or the woman who thought her salad got stolen.
Stuff like that.
AFP - we were very surprised to see that our lecturer dropped a lot of weight it was a pretty drastic change.
Other than that, it feels weird for another familiar lecturer to be teaching us again.
Somehow, it all feels a tiny bit over enthusiastic, each and every one of the lecturers.
A bit too overwhelming for some reason.
Maybe because over the holidays, it's all been chill and calm so this was rather unexpected.
But the catch to the first AFP lesson was the personal perspectives part and what we all achieved over the holidays
- which I didn't expect that what I achieved would redeem an applause so that was kinda
motivational for me; to keep going.
Scriptwriting was one of the highlights of the week;
The lecturer has this scary streak to him that I can't point a finger to, and he got us to come up with 2 ideas the day right before his lesson.
That's not to say, a bit too delayed since it was sent in the afternoon without any warnings whatsoever.
However, his lecture was very interesting because there was this talk about principles and rules.
We also watched The Princess Bride (1987) - a very...um.
Quite indescribable but it was both pleasantly and unpleasantly amusing lol.
Thursday - Directing lesson, where our lecturer sat us in a circle.
Which Peiyi pointed out that it feels like some sort of Cancer Foundation discussion in a church just like the one in TFIOS. (since Ysabel was really excited and gushed about it)
Too similar actually, since we were asked how were our holidays,
what were our goals and what was our favourite movie and stuff.
The Cineto students later came in, and it felt awkward in a hilarious way
because the situation was almost like some sorta speed dating course.
We were briefed, told to find our partners, but weren't given a chance to mingle around but I guess that's alright since it's settled now.
Followed by Asian Cinema, which may have felt a bit too overbearing.
But discussion about the movies watched was really interesting.
And The Raid 2 trailer seems extremely cool but I'm not sure if I can stand anymore back-breaking,
neck-slashing scenes OTL
Friday was a tediously long day;
Met Junior in the morning and lim kopi-ed for a very short while before we separated ways.
But it was interesting, hearing his point of view about certain stuff and the things he wanted to do for FYP.
From Bedok, I accidentally stopped at Bugis, headed to Clarke Quay to collect my pay, then to Liang Court to get another item, after which was Orchard to deposit and get a gift for Jo, then back to Bugis to finally get a phone plan.
So yes, my phone has gotten smarter.
But I really wanted to keep it a low profile until the 1st or something but nooooo I had to change whatsapp numbers
which was a pain in the ass.
I was literally 'shagged' by the time I returned home.
Okay but the good thing about that afternoon was that with all that travelling,
one would think that the travelling expenses should've been sky high but nooooooo man.
Hybrid concession is simply magical :')))
Even after my trip to Dempsey Hill in the evening using bus, and mind you I've probably taken both MRT and buses at least 3-4 times before that, it still says 'PASS USAGE'.
So yes, I've tested that out hehes.
Fucking magical (Y)
That place is an entire country by itself.
I wonder why people would go to such a foreign place to have such expensive food that in the restaurant we went to,
has shitty waiting time.
But the ambience is great and we had fun so I guess that cancelled quite a bit out.
And I tried Moet Chandon Champagne for the first time!
It reminds me of beer though so there's probably a rare chance I'm gonna drink it again.
The best part of the night was certainly Naomi's bold complaint to the servers/manager and Jo's teary sight at receiving corgi stickers and a card with corgi pictures in it.
Awww. ;'))
So there you go, week one was pretty alright.
It's amusing because I think this blog will become quite a commentary for the events that occur in school so everyone who's on internship would probably be slightly perturbed about what they would face when they come back in school. :3
But yes, bracing for the weeks ahead from now on.
So this too, shall pass.
p.s thanks for the comment jacq :))

6 responses to Week One.
wahh i'm like #1 commenter IDK WHY I KEEP FEELING LIKE I WANNA COMMENT ):
But oh the princess bride is soo soo soooo gooood.
You make me feel so excited for sch but it feels so sad like I'm missing all of it, darn int.
Though it's so good you're having fun ( I presume), I hope I get to see you soon!!!!
hehehe <3
HAHAHHAHA it's alright man I don't mind you commenting I appreciate it actually! It keeps me going. :)))
You've watched Princess Bride before? It's a damn weird movie though LOL
YOU'RE EXCITED FOR SCHOOL? Nah man I think you'd get as anxious as me it's getting craaaaaaay.
Yeah I'm having sorta fun, since there's good enough company as well but the mixing between semesters takes some getting used to one can feel alone sometimes. YES WE NEED TO PLAN OUR MEETUPS EVENTUALLY
tHANK YOU FOR WRITING DOWN THAT YOU GUYS WATCHED THE PRINCESS BRIDE cause no one i asked actually told me about what y'all did in scriptwriting.
Princess Bride the movie followed the book P E R F E C T L Y and I loved how stupid Wes and (forgot the girl's) OH- Buttercup's relationship was. Like they are such dumb lovers and the whole story is like a stupid fairytale but it's quite sweet and all the characters have pretty good intentions so I loved it hahahahahahaha.
YES I WILL WHATSAPP YOU TMR (or sometime this week once I get my INT shit tgt LOLOL.)
Oooh you read the book? Isn't it quite old LOL. Yeah it's ridiculous man halfway through it just became ridiculous OTL YESSSSSSSS THEY'RE ALL SWEET AND STUFF
Sure man no problem LOOKING FORWARD TO ITTTT
@amanda no problem man LOLOL. no one told you about it??? I thought I mentioned it to you while we were talking on fb
Post a Comment