9.29 -

My gums are hurting again ahhh it's that time of the season

Watched Good Will Hunting today for scriptwriting lesson.
It was a really good movie; one being the things it shows, and two being the dialogue.
Some of the dialogue really struck me; it was kind of the 'right place right time' thing when advice comes to you when you're having heavy thoughts.
The film raised a little issue about uneducated people being real smart by just giving the opportunity to read - maybe books in the library and having loans.
That some are actually much smarter than those who pay money to get their brains crammed by 'education', of which they take at least 20 years of their lives just to obtain a cert whatsoever.
Well numbers don't matter, and grades ... is starting not to matter too.

I look around, and I see "dead" people all around. Not in a literal sense.
To put it in a metaphorical sense, it feels like the flame that people came in with at the start of school 
two years ago is just gone, or almost extinguished.
Why aren't we excited for school anymore?
Feels like there's so much emptiness everywhere.

Came across a retweet on twitter that talked about suicides committed by primary school children 
because of their test papers, homework or even entering a stream that is not socially looked upon well.
It's really sad, to see young kids getting forced way more than they can handle because they have to be 'prepared' and 'compete' with the society to come.
Well I'm pretty sure the breaking point is somewhere in the distant future.
And the turning point would be when something big happens that makes the adults relook their strategies.
When I imagine big stuff happening, like e.g mass suicide of young kids due to grades, it makes me shudder because you'd never know it could definitely happen.
Why else do students go on a shooting rampage in the U.S? Education is definitely one reason.
It's only when shit gets real to the point where it becomes consequential do people realise something's got to be done.
Well I guess that time is not now, apparently.

Such a heavy night.
So much speculations, and assumptions that made me realise that I'm still naive.
This is really tough.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Blog Archive