A Taboo Topic.

Is this happening more frequently?

Today was a very interesting day.
Besides helping Zack out for his photobook at Aljunied, my family and I went for my sis's
ADM Grad Showcase which screened 8 FYP short films.
Sitting through it was one thing, but enjoying some was another.

And I did enjoyed some. 
However, I'm glad that the last film, or actually documentary was placed last because it was impactful.
Called The Long Distance Relationship (and some chinese words), it talked about religion.

It was basically a question in a documentary.
And I loved how they portrayed it - so whimsical, so random, personal.
There wasn't too much thought put into how they shot it but rather everything felt like you were really 'listening' to their point of view.
AND YES, FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT IN A DOCUMENTARY. 

The question of religion, the gods, what we believe in, what makes us believe in the religion we're in.
There was also something that made me feel a little insulted as well but I'm pretty sure
a lot of people felt the same - even the filmmakers (who were in the documentary that's why it's so personal!) felt slightly taken aback.

But of course this is sensitive so I won't be dwelling on it any further.
It's just that, this was a really good documentary that made a lot of my questions come to surface.
It's really great when films actually make you question about stuff.
At least you're not just sitting there, watching it blindly.

Finally, a documentary that says it. 
I can now question myself and my beliefs. 

Just finally, people that are putting it out there.



Sunday, May 25, 2014

Blog Archive