2 Weeks; Part 2

14 June - Practical Test and a Series Of Unfortunate Events

Well, well, well. 
There was a huge series of unfortunate events that occurred today.
Bumped into Hari when I reached the Soundstage so he told me to help out with taking the dolly out from the cage. (he didn't know I wasn't in Cineto)
Not that directing students can't help, but it distracted me from mentally focusing my mindset to direct and not to be nervous.
So that's distraction no. 1.

After lugging the whole dolly into the soundstage, I was really tired out.
I went into the toilet and discovered a bloody mess - well shit happens when you forget
to wear a pad on your period I don't know how I managed to do this but yes.
I panicked and started thinking about alternatives; I couldn't call Zul because she was the first pair to direct - while I was the second group (so NO TIME MAN).

So I quickly ran back into the Soundstage, tied my jacket around my waist and pretended that
ALL IS WELL. 
That's distraction no. 2, the biggest one of all.
About half an hour to my turn, Rajid said he was cabbing from his place so he needed me to pay first because he didn't bring his wallet or something.
I came out when it was 10 minutes till my turn and discovered IT WAS POURING HEAVILY.
The taxi came and I just ran towards it, got drenched on the left side where the door was, paid for the cab and ran out.
I missed the timing to close the taxi door but whatever, Rajid and I ran in both kinda drenched.
That's distraction no. 3 for you.

3 things that distracted me from the test.
Which turned out to be a good thing because the practical test went pretty smoothly yessss.
TEAMWORK yayyy.
It was generally well and the vibes were alright; I wasn't too stressed or anything.
I had time to think about other stuff too and there was adequate time :)

Excused myself from the Soundstage and headed to Bukit Timah Plaza to get a new pair of shorts.
(had Mr Kam's permission though!)
BUT NOT BEFORE SLIPPING AND FALLING WHILE WALKING DOWN THE HILL -_-
Because it rained urgh.
I spent almost 40 minutes to an hour trying to find a cheap pair of shorts but in the end the cheapest was a $28 pair of sports shorts which kinda broke my heart cuz it didn't look nice but whatever man.
Came out to find that it was drizzling again, and so I just placed the jacket over my head and walked in the rain.
While crossing the road, I almost got hit by a bus because I was reeling from the blood loss and the loss of the adrenaline rush + exhaustion so I was kinda zoning out OTL
After almost losing my life, I received a Whatsapp text by my female talent that implied that she wanted to back out.
I think the words that accurately described my feelings then was basically "sian ji pua" OTL
With the long road ahead back to FMS, it felt like some long ass mono no aware journey back in loneliness :'(

However, the things that happened after that were really fun.
When I came back, eventually everyone found out I was away because of girl problems.
Kinda funny when you watch guys' reactions to hearing that you're bleeding.
Zul made a joke saying I was bleeding love that was kinda funny :3
We helped out with the other groups having their practical test - Zul, me, Waylon, Reuben, Dylan, Hari.
It was really fun because we were just fooling around while the groups were having their turn.
So while we were helping out, we also stood in sort of a circle-ish position while the directors and dp were arranging for their shots.
Pretty darn fun. 
Hari and me becoming the cable wrangler, Zul booming and dropping the boom mic on Caleb who was dp-ing, or Waylon sitting down with the F3 nestled safely on the applebox cuz he couldn't give a fuck cuz OUR TURN WAS OVERRRRR SO NO STRESS.

AD-ed for the last group and wow Arthur actually received a lot of time for this.
It was really entertaining seeing how as each group goes for their turn, the number of shots and preparation time speeds up.
Arthur and Aaron managed to take about 6 shots, while the rest of us either had 1 long moving shot or 3 standard shots.

After the whole test, ma family and I picked eldest Sis up from Cambodia at the airport and had dinner at Penang Culture.
The night ended with pranking Zx that I was lesbian.
Fucking great night.






Highlight of the night: Zx buying all of my bullshit and friends tagging in. 
Great night man HAHAHHAHA

15 June - MOS Discussion

Got macs and Sundae BECAUSE I NEEDED IT DUE TO STRESS.
Chatted with the people who were there for the practical test it was fun hehes but the vibes on Sunday
was really much more tensed up then the day before.
Waylon and I observed the people who were directing and dp-ing while having macs.
The atmosphere was really quite...stiff.
Although with some jokes cracked here and there, I guess it was still really tense.
The two of us + Kenan tried to tape gaffer tape on Zach so that he could have a waxing session it was quite funny.
Kenan made a joke about burning the yalams such an ass but boy was it fun hanging out there.

Had the MOS discussion with Waylon - fucking official discussion to discuss shotlist.
Ryan slept on the table beside us and left a while later.
Zx dropped by later to get cigarettes from me and I took the chance to apologise to him because I was feeling reallyyyyy guilty AHHA BUT IT WAS STILL A GREAT TIME.

We finished the shot list just when it reached 6 pm and set off to City Hall since Waylon needed to get his lens/pouch so shun bian get dinner since I was having dinner outside anyways.
Reached Funan IT mall, where we passed by the IT shops and realised we needed stuff like microfibre cloth and earphones but MAN I NEED A LOT OF SHIT I SHOULD MAKE A LIST.
It was amusing watching the bitch make a face at the cosplaying festival.

Headed down to get Anderson's ice cream shake (because he said it was good or something) but the outlet at Funan didn't have the flavours he wanted so we went to try the one at Marina Square.
To his ultimate disappointment (he was already craving for by then), the outlet at Marina Square was under construction.
So sot Waylon decided to make the most reckless decision.
We went up the escalator leading to Kbox and the cinemas not really randomly.
At first I thought he was really joking when he said "go watch a movie ah" in that manner that you could tell he was probably in that crazed out state because he couldn't get his shake LOL.

BUT HE WASN'T.
We withdrew money at the ATM, which was near Golden Village, the bowling area and the pool area.
What happened after that went like this:

-both walking really fast and straight towards Golden Village-
Me: WAIT WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS ARE WE REALLY WATCHING A MOVIE 
Waylon: YEA WATCH AH *in that crazed out, exasperated angst state*

-reached the cinemas, we're just staring at the movie timings that all said 21:00++ -
Me: *gasps really loudly* HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 AT 9 shit I wanna watch that
Waylon: OK AH LET'S WATCH IT 
-goes to the ticket counter-
Waylon: Can I get 2 tickets to How To Train Your Dragon 2
Ticket person: That will be $25
-slight moment of pause when we probably realised it was $12.50 each-
Waylon: *doesn't give a fuck and gave the woman a $50 note*

Bitch throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his ice cream shake HAHA

We waited at the bowling area before heading in at 9 pm.
The movie was okay, but definitely not as great as the last one :/

Basically we just fucked MOS, fucked the fact there's the MOS shoot the next day,
fucked the fact that we had to plan lighting plan and other stuff as well as fucked the fact that we had to sleep early.
Such a reckless decision, but I do thank Waylon for giving me the opportunity to release some stress.
Even if it's just a little bit, because halfway through the movie, I suddenly remembered I STILL DIDN'T HAVE A FEMALE CAST AND WAS DESPERATE LOOKING FOR ONE.
So I had a mini panic attack in the middle of HTTYD 2 :(

Which I got, after I got back home.
Thank goodness, because I'm really glad for that.

16 June - Zach's MOS Shoot

Lugged 4 large bottles of drinks and bread to school to which Waylon helped me out with it.
We were the first ones to reach even though we're late.
Zach and Ryan were late for their shoot THEY WERE LATE. 
The call time was supposed to be at 9 am but Ryan came when it was around 9 + near 10 maybe?
Whereas Zach came at 2 pm wtf lol.

When it's not your shoot.

The three of us checked out equipment and headed to Woodleigh in a cab.
Slept in it and then we dragged the equipment into the woods.
(don't ever film in the woods people it's a bad decision but it might turn out quite surreal since the skies are pretty now)
It was hilarious seeing Ryan trying to push the trolley with the matte box on it, while the two of us refused to help him because they chose such a location to shoot -_-
I fell asleep on the trolley while they were setting up cuz the weather was kinda (sorta) nice.
Went to fetch the male talent who told me that Zach and him met through a barfight.
I swear to god I still cannot believe this.
Zach in a barfight is simply...unrealistic. 

Zach came by and we started shooting. 
I went to pick up the female talent after that, to which we found out we had similar interests and started gushing about it hehes yayy <3 font="">
The whole shoot was basically watching the two of them - Zach and Ryan having their shoot while Waylon and I were sort of helping out enough and slacking around at the same time.
We observed their communication with each other.
It was quite interesting watching how they work, the conflicts they have and things that we can take note of. 
There was loads of sunflare and some selfies taken.

ASS MY FACE GOT CUT OFF

Got bitten everywhere but YES 50% DONE WITH MOS

Junior came on set to pass Ryan the glidecam and he smoked while he was having a flu 
which was a rash decision.
Ryan, Zach and Junior headed for Avery's place to place their equipments there first and left after that,
while Waylon and I cabbed back to school. 
I suffered with the trolley in the backseat which was kinda funny cuz I couldn't see shit in front of me but the taxi uncle was nice cuz he told me to be comfortable LOL.

Avery came over from Makan Place and we loaded the rest of the equipment into her car.
It was Waylon's turn to suffer in the backseat - he had the flagkit behind his back, a C-stand in front of him and the hugeass heavy Kinoflo resting on him so he couldn't see much nor breathe much nor talk properly HAHA.
We had a fun time in the car listening to old songs by Bon Jovi, or songs with weird titles it was greattt.
We reached her place, showered and went down for dinner.

Dinner was amusing; we coincidentally ordered the same dinner as the day before like it was really one and the same.
The three of us spent the rest of dinner talking about various toilets in NP, and how they either creep us out or how bad they are or how good they are, how they're structured and stuff.
What an interesting conversation HAHA.

Slept for the day after we returned to her place. 
Waylon knocked out first, followed by Avery.
I didn't manage to sleep much throughout the entire night.
I was worried about not planning my directing so I decided to make some notes first.
Ended the night with a conversation with Zx about MOS.

And a weirdass nightmare.

17 June - MOS

The D-Day.

Woke up, showered and had breakfast - which was cereal yayyy thanks Avery :))
Funny thing that happened is that we were really early for the shoot which WAS GOOD.
When our talents came, they were coincidentally dressed in black and white striped shirts.
They didn't know each other at all.
So with that, we were all kinda matchy matchy like some sorta team because Waylon and I were wearing blue as well so that was kinda funneh.
TEAMWORK MAN TEAMWORK

I was a bit stressed out because it was the first time doing such a script 
(never do something you're not sure of man)
Why oh why did I attempt such an ambitious idea OTL
We overran by close to 2 hours, but miraculously we got back on track because we overestimated our time just in case. 
Thank goodness OTL

I rehearsed with the actors about the music and scores for a really long time.
The greatest thing that happened was seeing 3 musicians sitting in front of the piano, trying to come up with a melody for the last part, and they just came up with it.
Ryan, the male talent and the female talent.
THE BEST PART?
THE ACTORS MEMORISED THE IMPROMPTU MELODY AND WERE ABLE TO SYNC WITH EACH OTHER AFTER JUST A FEW TRIES.
Fuck man I was really grateful and appreciative of these people;
It was so interesting to see them try out a melody and try to harmonise and start something from there.
It was really a great experience; everyone made it such an unforgettable experience.

Zach AD-ing, Ryan helping out with the recording and the music scores, Waylon being real relaxed and disturbing me which helped me to calm down, the talents creating something out of nothing and just being able to be patient with me, Avery helping us out by doing saikang, just EVERYTHING.

Fucking amazing shoot. 
No words can describe it. 

Thank you so much guys for making this a memorable experience. :'))

Waylon accidentally deleted the selfie meh but it's okay.
And then there's Avery with the banana in her hands ;)

We packed up then headed back to school.
I remembered calling out to Zach and accidentally hitting my head against the C-stand.
That makes 1 more injury along side accidentally bruising myself with the matte box in the woods, and preventing the Kinoflo from dropping so I accidentally bruised myself on the foot -.-

After hitting myself against the C-stand, my energy took a plummet.
From the lack of sleep (cuz I didn't sleep) and the adrenaline rush from the shoot gone, I just went into this sleepdrunk/seh mode with small eyes. 
Waylon and I took the bus to West Mall and met Avery before watching Edge of Tomorrow.
Another impromptu decision to watch a movie LOL.
The concept was nice, but overall personally I found the movie a bit meh :/
Maybe because it was Tom Cruise who was in it.
But then again he made it comedic so hmmm.

It was funny because I got shocked halfway by something that popped out on screen during the movie so I jumped in my seat then Avery and Waylon started laughing OTL

CAUGHT ONE OF THE LAST FEW TRAINS HOME YESSSSSS

Finally a phone call with Sharlene the bitch while on the way home :)

18 June - 50 mm Lens and clubbing

Was late to pass Waylon my 50mm lens because I ate too slow so I ran from my neighbourhood halfway to the mrt station, followed by from Changi Airport station all the way to the skytrain to Terminal 1.
There was this guy that ran out of the train before me, and before I knew it I was running behind him and we were running towards the same direction so it kinda looked like some mission impossible trip 
going on HAHAHAHHAA
Or that I was running after him like it's some love scene OTL
Waylon was laughing the ENTIRE TIME THAT I WAS RUSHING THERE.

Passed it to him and we took a selfie (cuz I deserve an award).

Friendship is when you do your best to pass a useful item to your friend,
then after that you hope they burn overseas under the weather. :3

I think I'll dedicate another post to clubbing.
Really lazy to blog right now OTL


Friday, June 20, 2014

Blog Archive