Not My Shoot: Banluck.

So I better type all of these down before I actually forget them all or before this weird numbness/can't hear shit takes over me.

Anyways, a few others as well as I helped out at Bart's shoot today.
Which I'm pretty sure quite a few of the crew members did not expect me there LOL.
Zx called me down to help out for makeup, but in the end it wasn't needed OTL
I helped out with making the tongue prop look a bit more realistic.


Courtesy of Zx

That's before ^ dammit should've taken an after picture but ah well it's alright.
It was actually quite fun because I was left alone to do the tongues and just having my own ideas about how to make it more realistic and stuff.
All the other crew members were around doing their stuff. 
Our lecturer dropped by and the atmosphere kinda changed in a way?
But not before he asked Waylon (who was perched on top of the flammable gas pipe thingy doing his sound shit) and me (who was painting tongues) about the directing 101 reflections thingy.

Well we were both blunt in giving our opinions.
What surprised me was that Mr. Leonard was able to deduce who was an introvert and stuff.
(ok but he made the huge mistake in stating that I was an extrovert)
Which he pointed out correctly that Waylon's the 'bigger' introvert, and that I am too because of my lengthy facebook messages to Mr. Leonard. (which is quite an interesting observation)
He then gave Bart a long lecture, then probably sorta prepped Ryan up as an AD for real because that's when shit started rolling in place because it was the first time seeing Ryan really calling out to people to get into their positions, time check giving how many minutes more and stuff.
A very good experience actually.

After I was done with the tongue, I became the SKW for anything else - just helping in whatever I could.
And it was really fun helping out, especially when you know everyone who's there.
(except Arthur's grips, one of which he called Sue May oooooh)
It's fun because of the interaction you have with each other, just joking around or checking the stuff, or helping out y'know?
A few of us helped Zx with his artdept - including Nikki who helped out on set!
Hehe nice meeting her again so soon :)
Helping out to set up the fairy lights, the painting, pouring water to wet the floor, holding ladders, etc.
Wasn't too bad actually it was a nice colour to everything as well. 

We had dinner after that - wanton mee/fishball noodles/duck rice.
THE WANTON NOODLES WAS WORTH THE TRIP. (thanks Shan)
Followed by more setting up - I was set to go as the runner to take the knife when the camera isn't on the main actor and throw it to the floor.
Which Bart did it in the end because it's probably more convenient.
Headed upstairs to the rooftop to do my work since there's nothing more for me to do then.
But well since it was so late and my mind was distracted, I couldn't do much work.
I guess in a way it's sort of taking a break from work and 'resting' huh Waylon?

Fun fact: Bart was wearing a tank top that said, "I Like Doggy Style"

It's a really nice experience being on the rooftop.
Okay not exactly rooftop but I guess it still counts.
You could see the stars, and it's just a completely different view because you can see everything that happens below on set. 
Any interaction, any silence, any whatsoever.
I think I made friends with this Year 2 FSV girl called Mavis and we discussed about electives and stuff - yeah getting an AD for Audiotech isn't a joke ayes
(HA FANCY ME MAKING FRIENDS WITH JUNIORS)

More shooting, more silent watching from above (by 10 pm + I was alone on the rooftop).
Watching everyone - 
watching Ryan slowly walk down the slope and then running at the end and slamming his entire body onto a wall to get down, 
watching Waylon sitting precariously on the ledge booming the actors, 
watching Michael Chua attempting to lick the tongue (quite sot), 
watching Bart and Sue May follow Junior with the camera, 
watching Shan run really funnily, 
watching the lights blow out,
watching Zhuning smoke two cigarettes in his mouth
watching the mahjong table get spoilt too.
Okay watching everything except when Sue May got hit by the steel clamp that one of the members accidentally dropped on from a height.
It was a very observational moment there and then.

Shoot finally wrapped up and this is how it actually looked like:

Okay it's blurry but man it looks niceeeeeee

EVERYONE sitting down and smoking.
Okay not everyone but those who were on the set itself, with a few exceptions.

After that packing up was a whole lot of fun too man. 
Walking in the dark, getting bullied by the guys, walking up to FMS like it's a trekking session, climbing over the gates, having great bad jokes exchanged.

It was a very sot night, but it was a great one too.

p.s Okay so now apparently I'm having head numbness in my right side of my head which isn't a good thing FUCK

And I researched and it says that it could also be due to muscle tension because of physical work and the pressure produced by the affected muscles irritates the nerves that serves the head and scalp, causing numbness. I just hope it's actually this reason and not some spine injury because that would absolutely be fatal especially given the situation I'm forever in.

HIGHLIGHTS:
  1. Seeing people's surprised faces when a lot of extra helpers came on set
  2. Performing a miracle on gelatin tongues
  3. Getting asked whether I took art (should this be an honour)
  4. Finding out that Junior was scared of those tongues
  5. THEN getting Kenan to throw one at him hurhur
  6. Getting peaceful time to do the tongues
  7. Conversation with Waylon + Leonard about the modules
  8. Helping out set up the art stuff -fairy lights with Nikki, Zx and Zhuning
  9. WANTON NOODLES AND GREEN TEA
  10. Seeing Nikki getting along/arguing with Zhuning (not sure if they already knew each other)
  11. Lugging the ice box with Kenan - great workout omg
  12. Wetting the floors to make it look real legit
  13. Playing fast cardgames with Junior, Nikki and Zhuning
  14. Running to take the knife and placing it on the floor
  15. Hearing the actor scream very loudly (it was realistic)
  16. Watching the set from the rooftop
  17. Seeing Waylon sit dangerously on the edge of some wall
  18. Seeing Ryan controlling the set
  19. And running his way and slamming into a wall when he goes down the slope
  20. Seeing the stars above
  21. Hearing Bart say it's a wrap
  22. Getting random spiritual advice from Michael Chua before he went off
  23. Getting light shone in my eyes (such a bitch) /just using very (extremely) informal language with Waylon (the bitch)/ and getting a nice compliment (thanks bitch you too)
  24. Seeing Junior getting teased about his lack of driver's license cuz he failed it
  25. Seeing the other group join us while we're packing - Kenan made fun of Hari cuz the lights were off LOL + Sulaiman lent us his LED for illumination
  26. Shan's dad helping us out
  27. Sue May getting hit on the head by a steel clamp that Arthur dropped from a height - thank god she's fine
  28. Trekking trip with Junior being the 'leader' and then subsequently Kenan, Waylon and him talking about ghosts in school 
  29. Climbing over the school gates at 1 am
  30. FREE CAB HOME WITH JUNIOR AND ZX
I don't know how to describe it; it's just that this night has been an eventful one.

Probably a different kind of eventful that this group faced the night before, but it's still a pretty good one.

Such a good and fun experience. :)))

Hope the crew photo comes out soon!




Sunday, June 1, 2014

Blog Archive