Week 14: Part I

Monday, 21 July 2014

Woke up at around 10.30 am.
Headed to school only at around 12, 1 plus I think and came to Asian Cinema late because we were returning equipment/passing over the equipment to Zx's group.
Had lunch with Rina and we came into class late. 
Watched The Rebel, which wasn’t too bad but was slightly draggy. 
I think we had dinner and left for home.

That day was treated with a heck-care attitude because I'd reached a point where I was simply too tired and flabbergasted from the shoot over the weekend to even give a fuck about attending class on time.



It's just...the shoot was so mind-wrecking that it really made an impact on me during the shoot itself, that I wondered on the second day whether we were fucked or not,
and was at the starting point of giving up.
Which shouldn't have happened.
Those thoughts shouldn't have appeared.

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Attended Producing class and then headed for Shan's mom's place after that at Jurong West, which I reached around 4 pm and helped to move some of the equipment in. 
Peiyi was sick so she didn't come help out. 
Slacked after the equipment movement and waited as Junior began to cook, with Arthur constantly pestering him (as well as Bart who walked around in his undies this fucker) 
Ryan began to play music on my laptop and Waylon came over soon after and slacked on the sofa. 



I can't remember whether we had dinner first or we set up first, but dinner was spaghetti bolognaise (whatever you spell it) and it wasn't too bad actually. 
Set up a canvas painting with Waylon while Ryan and Bart were discussing the shots. 
Could kinda tell that Junior was kinda frustrated with the lights cuz he didn't really know what Ryan wanted; and Shan and I became the stand-ins - it was quite relaxing to stay in that bed man IT IS COMFORTABLE 
Until Zx asked me to print some photos for them so I rushed to Jurong Point to print, then ran around the mall trying to find a shop that sold rings and ended up at X-craft and bought a wrong size ring cuz there were two sizes.  Got the photo and frame and rushed back to give it to Shan. 
I was assigned to blot a sub-cast's face, so I took the opportunity to ask him if he knew my sister cuz I saw him in a NTU FYP called Trash Heaven and he said she was the prop master for that fyp.
And that's why he found me really familiar which was probably why he was continuously staring at me. 

Then helped out with logsheet because Mavis said she wasn't very good at it and I wasn't very good at gripping so perfect job for me LOL - they might or might not use it so oh well. 
Moved to the lift scene outside - I liked Larry's expressions in that scene - it was actually nice :) 
In between takes, Waylon tried to ddo weirdass shit like stuff the dead cat into my face and step on my feet, while Bart kept making that spastic face like he was having a fit LOL 

The group 'borrowed' electricity from somewhere in the neighbourhood HAHA so we managed to drum it downstairs. 
Shot that scene finish and moved on to the cigarette scene with Larry - that took a little bit of time to set up.
There was also tension between Junior and Arthur because Arthur was rushing Junior and he was getting kinda irritated so well -poker face- 
The funny (actually not very funny but still) thing that happened was that Larry was so engrossed in the scene, he flicked the cigarette he was smoking and it hit me square on the neck.
Then it dropped.
Then it hit my thigh.
And went under my butt. 




NOW I was lucky enough to get away with it because it hit the shirt most of the time except for the thigh BUT IT HURT.
The whole crew, or most of them were pretty shocked and I wanted to make a sound but we all kept quiet to let him continue his acting then when they cut Shan and Junior (and probably some others I can't remember) immediately approached me to ask me if I was alright. 
Thanks guys :) 

Pretty much alright, but kinda shocked and really amused that everyday I'm learning new things and getting 'virgin experiences'.



After that was shot, we packed up and the main crew + me stayed over at Shan's place. 
While recording ambience, I happened to sitting at the spot where Zx sat before he left - and I found a wallet. 
And I remembered he said he was cabbing. 
So I took it, looked at the Ez card, laughed, then showed it to Shan who was sitting beside me. 
She gave the hugest open-mouth-wide-eyes expression I've ever seen IT WAS PRICELESS 
Then she took it and ran into the room to show to Bart. 
She managed to give it to Zx who had left with some of the juniors/extra grips. 

Slept after writing for a while - shared the same bed with Barty, while Junior and Ryan took Shan's room, and Waylon and Shan took the sofa.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Blog Archive