Just, one day man.
While walking home yesterday, I saw this man leaning against the railing on a bridge that was near the station.
He was using it to support himself across the bridge.
It was raining, I had no umbrella and I felt really bad inside because I couldn't help him in any way because I was carrying some stuff with me.
Seeing the elderly like this made me feel really sad and bad inside.
Not just because he was slumped over in a way that his body - his back was failing him and he was leaning on one side, it felt like he was having a lot of difficulty trying to walk.
Not because I could relate to him and I felt fear and guilt.
Just that, when you see someone trying so hard and you see everyone passing
by with blank expressions, either ignoring or ignorant,
you just can't help but feel really sad and want to help the person.
Many people - ones with umbrellas and ones without umbrellas passed by him.
Thankfully, the bridge was sheltered, but short two metres or so path from the bridge to the building wasn't.
I never stayed behind to how he'd fare.
At the traffic light, I saw another old man in an electronic wheelchair.
Because it was raining heavily and he had no umbrella, he rushed across to cross the road.
His wheelchair almost fell because there was this slight elevation cuz of the pavement.
It was really scary I was just fucking praying "don't fall, please don't fall".
The heavy rain got me sitting at the bench and watching the scene play out before me.
If he had fell, I'd most definitely rush over immediately.
Thank goodness he didn't fall over at all.
The traffic light was blinking by then.
The traffic light was blinking by then.
I don't have the courage right now to help these helpless people,
with all the immense stares from society and judgement.
But I will get over this self-created fear, one day.
In other news, I'm drinking this weirdass Daun Tea that has expired for 6 years
but the mother says it's ok to consume.
Since 2008.........
(but it's EXCITING TO BREW IT IN THE FRENCH PRESS FOR THE FIRST TIME)
I hope nothing goes wrong with this ._.

Post a Comment