"Home".

Y'know, I totally didn't expect today to be so fun :')

I was late in meeting Jv and them (as usual).
We walked over to Jon's new house, which turned out to be a penthouse.
Funny how this guy lives in a faking penthouse now but is still broke LOL.

NOW ABOUT THAT HOUSE:
It has four floors in total, it's a lil bit tight on the stairs part, but it
has a nice little empty rooftop that if you decorate it properly it'll turn into
the most wonderful rooftop with a really good ambience :)
That lil house has a lift even (for the handicapped) and finally Jon gets
his own room HAHAHHAHAHA.

But it still felt like it was similar to the previous one though,
probably because of some of the things inside.
And still as stuffy as always.

We slacked for a while while Fanny and Jon handled the ordering of the pizza. 
Meanwhile we listened as Joel told us about a serious issue that he had.
It wasn't THAT serious but it's actually quite amazing witnessing him 
having romantic feelings, including jealousy for the first time.

I mean when you have someone with really high IQ and he's pretty 
darn focused on studies, families and has a straight goal, suddenly getting 
sidetracked by some foreign feelings in his heart, it's amazing man. 
Kinda like having a robot experiencing real human emotions for the first time.
It's amazing seeing his struggle and really getting mindfucked over it; 
but I'm glad he decided to confide in us.

I kinda felt really touched when he said because we're all his good friends. :')

When the pizza came, we went up to the rooftop.
We got out the table and chairs and ate the pizza there, eating as the cold wind blew. 
AND THEN IT STARTED RAINING so we ran back in
 - naturally I took the chicken drumstick and ran back in. 
Kidding it just happened to be the one nearest to me.
Domino's pizza ain't that bad actually.

Domino's pizza!

The wind was reallyyyyy blowing then man.


 We continued dinner/dessert at the dining table on the first floor.
Drank some wine followed by eating the cheesecake that I baked with the extra batter. 
Ying Zhou and the rest said it was nice I'm actually kindaaaaaa really happy 
because I'm a beginner thank you guys :')) 
After that, we talked a lot about what was going on in the army 
because the 3 of them are in army now.

The stories they told really reminded me of the past.
Not only that, but it makes you realise that while they're the same, they're yet different.
Joel was using 'fuck' much more often, and inside I was just thinking,

"WELCOME TO THE CLUB" heh.
I guess they use it really often in the army to sorta vent stress.

We exchanged secret santa gifts after that, and I found out Joel's my secret santa.
He gave me a beanie THANK YOU.
Jv handmade a phone strap for Joel, while Jerrick purposefully layer-wrapped Ying Zhou's present in newspaper + Kinder Surprises and these little childhood ball ball biscuits. 
In the end, he got him a book "The ten things about leadership".
MQ, who wasn't here, and was my santa giftee, gave Jerrick a small Chivas - I wonder how much he spent on that man. 
Eugene got Jon a portable charger, and Ying Zhou got JV a little cute pen holder and a LINE bear keychain with her birthday on it.
Fanny got Eugene a superman mug, a transformers bear to sleep with and some cookies.

The best present was Jon's.
He knew that Fanny likes Hello Kitty stuff, so he bought her some chopsticks and a notepad.
NOW, while flying on Eva Air to/from Taiwan, he saw this and decided to give it to her:

A Hello Kitty themed vomit bag 
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
FUNNIEST PRESENT I'VE EVER SEEN SO FAR

I'm pretty sure he spent an okay amount in the end but the vomit bag was really epic.
As for me, I got MQ the Cherry Tomato planting kit which I ended up growing with
JV's help because he has troubles growing plants.
These science students are certainly turning me into a farmer man.


MORE OF THE VOMIT BAG HAHAHAHHAHA

We separated ways after that. 
Joel's family was kind enough to sent me back home in the end.
It was also nice to meet his brother, Jerome again. 
The last time he was my cadet and now he's taller than everyone in his family.
Ahhhh :')

Later at home I opened the xmas gift that Jv got me.
It turned out to be this lil bottle with an attachment so you could put a lemon in there.
I'M DAMN TOUCHED BY THAT. 
Because when we were hanging out just a few days ago, I said that as a passing remark.
I even forgot about it because well, it was a conversation.
And. She. Just. Went. And. Got. Me. That.
Fuck man this girl is gooddddd.

These gifts might seem little but I'm perfectly content :')

Honestly, I haven't felt this way in a long time.
The feeling of comfort and just a sense of ease.
Laughing at their stories, feeling surprised and shocked by certain things,
knowing one's character, etc.
Maybe because we haven't seen in each other in a while?
This time, it almost feels like "home". 

Or rather, maybe it is 'home'. :)))

- 27 Dec, 2:09 am.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Blog Archive