This was probably a week or two back.
Or three.
During one of the breaks at work (thank god it's 2 hours), I had the chance to slowly have
my lunch and take it easy. (cuz there's 2 hours)
I had the liberty of talking to the Chinese dishwasher.
Although I almost completely cannot understand her thick accent, we still made out a
small conversation, which is kinda nice, getting to know people and all.
We both looked out of the shop onto the road in front of us (there's a glass separating),
basically watching as people passed by and cars drove into the waiting area.
At that moment, it felt like time finally felt like the actual 'present'.
Present, slow, right-paced.
It wasn't crazy, or fast.
It just seemed like the present.
Watching the traffic guard sweep the rubbish ends up on the ground when cars drive through
because their tyres are stuck with paper and stuff like that.
Seeing the lady wait for someone and having an expressionless face.
It felt nice.

Post a Comment