Trip to the zoo with the family!
17 January 2015
Now the zoo is always supposed to be fascinating and such.
However, it left me with really mixed feelings.
I don't know if it's the whole growing up thing where you're not so fascinated by such sights anymore, or that when you grow up your eyes open up to the reality in front of you.
But here goes.
The little trip wasn't well, breathtaking or amazing or anything like that.
If anything, it was rather more of an eye-opener or something to ponder about.
The polar bear looked pretty lifeless.
While it did look sleepy, at the same time, it's just not full of energy.
When we arrived at the polar bear enclosure, I felt kinda weary because there was an article
about the lil animal, which people had spotted algae growing on it.
And that it looked like it was suffering because of the sweltering heat.
It still does lol, except without algae.
There wasn't a lot of water in the pool side either.
Most of the animals felt like they were either malnourished, alone, or suffering with the heat.
Some enclosures like the cheetah’s, polar bear’s and the tortoises’ ones either didn’t have enough water, or it was all dried up.
This meerkat was the only thing that looked cute and energetic OTL
Wilderbeast
The sister's boyfriend said that this is how an iguana sleeps.
Well it looks like it's fucking dead to me but okay.
Anyways, most of the animals were either alone in their enclosures, or only had 1 or 2
more mates with them.
If you're lucky, you could see them moving about, but most of them are just, well,
sleeping or hiding away.
Most of them looked pretty lethargic and lifeless.
The lion’s den only had 2 male lions, and both look kinda sickly in a way that they were old;
They weren’t moving around much and their skins were kinda sagging.
Honestly, that's not how a lion should look right?
The elephants looked dehydrated for some reason too.
The elephant show was somewhat discomforting too.
Because we could hear them giving commands to the elephants.
It felt like the trainers didn’t really appreciate the elephants – how do I put it?
It felt like, there was no love for animals, for the elephants. It’s just THEIR JOB.
I could hear the commands given from where I was sitting, and it sounded pretty fierce/harsh, even if it was mixed with Malay and English.
They used sticks to give signals to the elephants to either stop or move in various directions, but observing the trainers’ body language, I could tell that some seemed like they were shouting or hitting the stick too hard on the elephant.
I couldn’t tell if the elephants were happy or not when they were performing the funny parts, but at the beginning it really..just disappointed me.
PENGUINSSSS
Okay this one look like it had difficulty breathing or moving.
See this is why this whole family is mad
But it's okay it's fun :)
But it's okay it's fun :)
The White Tiger
I like the white tiger; it's always the one I look forward to seeing whenever I come to the zoo.
At first glance though, I thought it had different coloured eyes.
One was blue and one was red.
Upon further examination, I realised that its eye on the left, it looked bruised.
Or at least the skin above it looked bruised.
It was red.
The lil creature was prancing around, as if (either) nervous by the amount of people
looking at him or fidgety because there's so much people he could eat.
The snakes enclosures didn’t look interesting anymore; it’s just a few snakes in their glass ‘box’ sleeping.
There’s no more jaguar or leopard, which in the past we used to have them, the ponies somehow don’t even look happy for some reason.
These are the biggest tortoises I have ever seen.
I see you little one.
This one was rather anti-social too.
I'm too lazy to continue anymore but basically it was a rather eye-opening day,
where you really see that almost all the animals there are just...lonely?
I don't know how to put it.
What’s there to see when there’s only 1 of its kind in its enclosure?
If they’d moved it to River Safari or Night Safari I think that’ll kinda suck too because then it’s not very fun to visit it anymore?
The only things that amazed me or piqued my interest were probably the hugeass crocodile which I’ve never seen it before, the penguins, the funny chimpanzees and the cute meerkat and otters.
But I know that is one place I wouldn't wanna be going anymore.















Post a Comment