Really can't tank late nights anymore ayessss.
These two days have been nothing short of interesting.
Taking a backseat and watching as people talk about their lives and shit,
it does make you think about issues a lot.
Friday's sleepover at Shan's brought up an important statement that I never thought about
until it was mentioned.
That perhaps, in the midst of all the struggle and post-school confusion,
we all grew up too fast.
Some might argue back that it's how you view the situation,
and that you need to plan your moves ahead of time.
However, if you're going through an existential crisis and you don't know what you'll
like to do in life, then how are you supposed to draft out your lifelong plan?
Sure, you could think of things to do in the meantime, explore boundaries and go on adventures
to find out more about yourself and shit.
But asking one to plan by choosing something to do/learn as soon as they can just to fucking catch up
with the rest of society is like asking them to find a needle in a haystack within five minutes.
What if the needle is not of the correct size?
What if they prick themselves just because it's the wrong needle?
And so there are some that do think we all grew up too fast.
At least, that's what I do feel after watching everyone these past two days.
When I hear stories of how people still can't do certain basic things in school,
I wonder why they weren't taught that at all?
To a certain extent, it makes me feel blessed that ending up in a course I didn't expect,
made me learn a lot of things that proved to be useful after graduation.
Things that I picked up along the way, or knowledge I forgot I learnt, they all come up now.
Did we advance a lot faster in terms of thinking and mindset than others?
Someone mentioned that maybe it's because we were taught how to be pretentious filmmakers;
in order to succeed you need to be a little bit pretentious (which I do think it's somewhat true),
and that's why you learn things a lot faster by extending your boundaries.
I really do wonder.
We're twenty, twenty-one year olds who don't feel like that age at all.
We tell ourselves that we're never gonna grow up, never going to end up like
those mindless unhappy working adults in society but truth is,
we're unconsciously being pulled towards that direction.
And this is why I never want to grow up.

2 responses to High Flying.
i like the ending of this - it sounded so poetic.
Also your needle in the haystack analogy was on point, i feel like that sometimes.
That's why my life goal isn't really my life goal (have i told you this? I'll tell you in dec if I haven't , remind me.)
Anyway it's ok, we can get through the shit of "life" together bruh. <3
Hahas no I think you didn't tell me LOL but it's cool tell me about it when you're back. I'm pretty sure you're one of the only few people who still reads this blog ah hahas.
Post a Comment