Paper.


Paper;

People are closing up more than ever, 

their hearts once warm are now cold as ice;
Their smiles drooping into a subconscious frown,
on drained faces with no souls as they sit through buses and trains.

Sure, you'll see their pretty little faces on pictures,
but pictures speak a thousand words and
among the thousand words unspoken,
'help' might be in it. 
Even if they don't realise it themselves.

Pride and vanity has taken over the world by storm;
love isn't love anymore,
connecting has become disconnecting 
and making love is just another one night stand -
Some call it 'Netflix & chill', 
but I call it fucking around.

The more I delve deeper into life,
the more I lose myself.
'Get a job'; 'get a degree'; 'be successful'; 'you gotta make money'
What's the competition? 
Where's everybody running to? 
Is time the enemy or is it just a man-made law?

It is a relative.

Some say you gotta plan for your future,
but do they secretly mean you gotta plan like them?
Do they mean you gotta be as careful as them? 
Do they want you to do as they do?

It's so easy to leave yourself these days.
So much distractions,
so little reflections. 

And as I wish I'd never become one of those from society,
everyday I'm always a step closer. 

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Blog Archive