Well I totally didn't expect to actually see another INFP starting on the same path as I am,
so it sure did delight me really.
Because whatever she/he said in that chunk of text, every bit of it is true.
It really drains our energy as an introvert, interacting with kids day in and day out.
Especially when they're ALWAYS so full of energy, even early in the morning,
and in spite of the fact that they will always be troublesome little brats,
you can't help but forgive their faults.
Although, honestly, you'd come home ready to fall face flat on the floor and sleep
until the next year rolls around because you'd had enough interaction for one whole day.
(no really)
Your brain will fail on you and you'd daze out once the weekend reaches.
Being with children certainly feels a lot better because the air feels cleaner
if you get what I mean - no toxic vibes from the adults.
No toxic vibes from the environment, the only toxic vibes would probably come out of
our mouths if we're not careful.
And by toxic vibes, I mean words that shouldn't really be said towards a kid,
like negative sounding words, because we're not supposed to induce fear or negativity in them.
Which is largely logical, so I'm still trying to find a way to a softer approach
to get my words through.
So far though, seeing them listening to me and really doing what I tell them to do
makes me feel satisfied, but nothing makes me more happy than seeing them smile.
And have fun.
I won't say it's a passion, in fact, I didn't take up this job because I was passionate
about child rearing and all that.
It was only because I needed a full-time job, but the secondary reason was that
I didn't mind working in this industry.
(also cuz I just didn't give two shits at that point in time)
But when I went for the trial day, I realised they're really a
bunch of lovely humans to be with,
(the economy is in recession so jobs are harder to get y'know, and I was getting panicky)
and just somewhat I didn't mind joining.
The simplest reason is that:
I needed a full-time job and that I didn't mind doing these kind of work,
even if it's not something I love.
And also the fact that children will teach you things that you either forgot
or never realised in your life, which really motivates me.
Rewind back to now, and I've got to say, I'm honestly learning something new everyday.
I don't even love children with an obsession, but I still do love children.
(However, I'd correct myself now by saying I love children I form
an emotional attachment with.)
After working for the past two weeks though, I realised I'm a lot more attached to the kids
I'm caring for more than I thought.
So while I'm not crazy passionate about my job, I do believe I've been working my hardest
because getting attached to these crazy children was not within my expectations.
It's shit tiring, but having little babies hug you everyday, that's not a bad thing either.
Really.
2 responses to Loving Nasty Brats.
You doing good riam riam, and I'm v proud of you. x
(Also that's cute yr tumblr nick.)
@jacq Thanks brah I appreciate your words :') Feel free to follow LOL
Post a Comment